We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Construction at Ko Olina

Which Kapolei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Construction at Ko Olina

For those of you considering Ko Olina, either the JW Marriott, Ko Olina Beach Villas, or Marriott Ko Olina Vacation Club you may be concerned about construction of the Disney Resort. I was staying in Ko Olina this past week and can report that the construction on the Disney property is in full swing. We stayed down at the Marriott Ko Olina Vacation Club and only experienced some construction noise a few times for a few mintues. The sound of the ocean pretty much drowns it out. When we went past the JW we didn't hear anything but as I said the noise is hit or miss. The structure is now about 16 stories tall so it is highly visible with 4 large cranes on top. It will probably be a fabulous addition once done. The Beach Villas don't appear to be much affected either. I would suggest that those thinking about the JW ask for a room on the ocean side but otherwise it should be fine. If you're interested in pictures of the construction please PM me and I'll send them on until I can get them up on web. I also have an off shore shot that shows the construction in relation to all the other properties.

We had a lovely week and I'll be posting a trip report as soon as we get home. Aloha!

Chico, California
Level Contributor
216 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Construction at Ko Olina

Thanks for the construction update. We will be arriving this week and hopefully will get an ocean side room. I am looking forward to your trip report.

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Construction at Ko Olina

Mauisun,

I would highly recommend taking the Snuba trip with Hawaiian Adventures Diving. Bob takes you right next door to Paradise Cove and it was amazing! We swam with turtles that came right up and practically sat in our laps! Had never done snuba before and it was easy and alot of fun. Regardless of what you decide to do, the area is great and the weather perfect. Enjoy!

Los Angeles
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Construction at Ko Olina

hi myhrse11,

thanks so much for the info on the Disney construction. i would really love to see that offshore photo you were talking about (and any other photos you have). we will be staying at the Beach Villas at the end of May and I just found about this big Disney project right after I booked everything (doh!). anyway, i am told it shouldn't affect our stay at all, but i would love to get a better idea of exactly where my building is in comparison to where the Disney construction is going on.

oh and by the way, i'm thinking about taking the sunset cruise with Hawaii Nautical. have you gone out with them by any chance?

sincerely,

don Voyage

Dallas
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Construction at Ko Olina

Thanks for the update. My family and I will be staying in that area in June. I would love to see any pictures you have.

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Construction at Ko Olina

If any one would like pictures, please PM me with your email address so I can attach pictures. I can't do that through trip advisor. Sorry for taking a while to get back but the tsunami required us to packup quickly and relocate sooner than anticipated so things are a little confused and I'm just getting around to downloading pics. You PM someone by clicking on their id and when you get to their profile page, you say send message. There you can send me you personal email and I'll be happy to email pictures.

Texas
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Construction at Ko Olina

I tried to send you a message, let me know if you got it. I would love to see pictures!! We are going to be at the Marriott Ko Olina in May!

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Construction at Ko Olina

abbaTexas,

I did receive your PM but without a private email address I couldn't attach my pictures so I did one better and added the photos to Flicker...Here's the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49001237@N02/sets/72157623642548997/

Texas
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Construction at Ko Olina

Oops sorry, forgot to include email address. Thanks for posting the pictures.

I have a couple questions. Is the building to the left of the construction the JW marriott and the 2 buildings to the right the Beach club? How many building does the Marriott Beach club have?

Beautiful picture of the sunset!!

Texas
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Construction at Ko Olina

ok - I need more coffee. I just read the captions under the photos and you had said it.

OK another question. We have never been to this side of the island. What are your favorite places, things to do there. We like to snorkel. Any good spots close by?

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney Construction at Ko Olina

Sometimes the snorkeling in Lagoon 2 (in front of the Ko Olina Beach Villas) is pretty good. We've swam with the turtles there and there are some interesting fish. Very beginnerish but right out your front door. Otherwise, there are many places to snorkel including Hanuama Bay, Sharks cove on the north shore. Go into the Oahu forum and type in snorkeling and you'll get ideas. May is a great time, the water is calm around most of the island.

The Ko Oina Catamaran is fun (and where I took the pictures from). We usually hang out at Ko Olina just to swim and relax and then take off for the North Shore to do tourist things. Pearl Harbor (toward Waikiki) is an experience and of course Diamond Head. The Pali lookout is another favorite. Waikiki is for nightlife (absolutely none at Ko Olina).

What do you like to do?