We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Vacation Clu/Resort next to the Marriott Ko Olina?

Which Kapolei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Level Contributor
524 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Vacation Clu/Resort next to the Marriott Ko Olina?

Our local San Diego station just had a short bit on this new resort. Saw the article on the Disney site, looks huge! I understand the location will be on the other side of the Marriott hotel rather than the vacation club. We own two weeks at the Marriott Ko Olina vacation club and will be there in Oct. Not looking forward to this new development at all! We enjoyed the peace and quiet of the area outside of Honolulu city. I can just imagine what the traffic will be on the highway exit to Ko Olina. I would imagine they would build more lanes.... If anyone visits before Oct. let me know what the construction is like.

SD

las vegas, nv
Level Contributor
72 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Vacation Clu/Resort next to the Marriott Ko Olina?

I'll be staying at the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club starting tomorrow for a week, will let you know how construction is going.

Since it's going to be a timeshare, I really don't expect much more traffic, definetly more traffic..but I don't think it will greatly effect the overall experience.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Vacation Clu/Resort next to the Marriott Ko Olina?

well your 2 weeks just became much more valuable. Disney has dozens of timeshares in Florida, so with only one in Hawaii it will be amazingly popular. I didn't think it was any larger than just a typical hotel. Should bring some added restaurants which are needed in that area.

San Diego
Level Contributor
524 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Vacation Clu/Resort next to the Marriott Ko Olina?

Thanks everyone for your comments looking forward to your trip report upon your return. Hoping there would be some restaurants in that area. It would be nice not to have to rent a car.

I just hope the area doesn't get built up too much and not end up like Maui - Kaanapali. I remember when we purchased Ko Olina four years ago they did mention some kind of water theme park going into the area or a marine research/educational facility.

SD

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Vacation Clu/Resort next to the Marriott Ko Olina?

Good for prices....when you buy a timesahee over here

the resale is 30 cents on the dollar.. no investment,

just a alure of one.

I see daily 30K time shares being sold for 7000 to 8000 a week.

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Vacation Clu/Resort next to the Marriott Ko Olina?

I too own Marriott Ko Olina and I'm not real thrilled about the additional traffic and people in the lagoons. The resort will be a themed resort and not a water park or amusement park. There will be restaurants and shops and probably some entertainment so I guess there is some good with the bad. The resort will be a combination of timeshares and hotel rooms. You can read about it at several sites. This one was pretty good. It's a four parter so far. This is part one.

...www.yesterland.com/disneykoolina1.html

I think disney had to do this since their timeshares were all around the theme parks (and Hilton Head, etc.) They needed to give people more of a choice since many of those that bought years ago are now without kids and looking for interesting locales. Trading through Interval is hit or miss.

At least Disney does a class act and it won't fall into disrepair or go downhill. I'm going in May and I'll report back as well.

San Diego
Level Contributor
524 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Vacation Clu/Resort next to the Marriott Ko Olina?

Thanks for the Disney info the website had great articles explaining the new development. I feel a little better now. Interesting about the Cruise ships. Disney resorts are first class. We have stayed at Disney World Fla several times, even had a special invite to the grand opening of the DW resort in 1972. I remember the hotel was a triangle shape and the tram drove thru the middle.

SD

las vegas, nv
Level Contributor
72 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Vacation Clu/Resort next to the Marriott Ko Olina?

To update everyone on construction, there really doesn't seem to be anything going on right now as far as contruction is concerned near the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club. We've been here since Saturday and there's nothing going on at all. The Disney timeshare is gonna be right next door to the Marriott so we'll see.

8. Re: Disney Vacation Clu/Resort next to the Marriott Ko Olina?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, September 25, 2009