We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

costco in kapolei

los angeles
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
costco in kapolei

where is the closest costco from the beach club?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,767 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: costco in kapolei

Right now the closest is in Waipio.

It is near H-2, Exit 2

costco.com/Warehouse/LocationTemplate.aspx…

There are plans to build one in Kapolei. Last I heard anything was that they plan to open in April 2008. But the article I read was from 2006. I don't know if they have started construction or got all their permits to build yet or even if the project is still on.

colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: costco in kapolei

what about the nearest regualar grocery store or walmart to Ko Olina beach club?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,767 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: costco in kapolei

For grocery stores. I'm not sure which is closer, but the one in Nanakuli would be easier to get to.

Ewa Beach Foodland

Ewa Town Center, 91-1401 Ft. Weaver Rd.

Nanakuli Sack N Save

87-2070 F Farrington Hwy

Nanakuli, HI

Sack & Save is owned by Foodland & they have the same prices & sales.

For WalMart, the closest one would be just off Kunia Road. It is easy to miss though as you cannot see it from Kunia Road. It is located about 1/4 mile north of H-1. Make a right into a small shopping center. It has a Waipahu address.

There is also a fairly new WalMart just up the road from Home Depot in Pearl City on Kuala St.

www.walmart.com

Find a store: 96782

You can get directions from the site.

California
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: costco in kapolei

We haven't been there yet, but I was told Safeway was the closest at:

590 Farrington No.400

Kapolei, HI 96707

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
907 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: costco in kapolei

There's a Big K near the Safeway on farrington hwy. Skip the closest walmart - it's farther and smaller, not like the Walmarts on BI or Kauai.

Ko Olina, HI
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: costco in kapolei

In my opinion, the easiest way to get to the Waipio Costco from Ko Olina is to take the H1 freeway East, take the left exit onto H2 (North Shore, Haleiwa, Mililani) and get off on the first exit (Ka Uka). You will drive over the freeway and the Costco will be straight ahead.

We just purchased a condo in Ko Olina www.beachvillarentals.com and we spent a lot of time and money at the Waipio Costco. Don't buy too much, especially if your staying for a week. You'll end up touring around the Island, eating out, etc. and you won't eat everything you buy.

We also shopped at Sam's Club in Pearl City but it is not as convenient to get to. They have a better Poke and fresh seafood selection at Sam's.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: costco in kapolei

I noticed this press anouncement today: pressrelease365.com/pr/real-estate/condos/oa…

Some details...

Formally known as Ka Makana Ali'i, the shopping center will have approximately 1.6 million square feet of commercial space. Additionally, the agreement allows up to 300 hotel rooms and up to 100,000 ft.² of office space.

The exact location of the facility is on the Kapolei Parkway and the planned North-South access road. This will be a straight to the H-1 Freeway-North-South road interchange which is currently planned to open in the year 2010....

....Also benefiting from the shopping expansion will be the Ko Olina Beach Villas and their 200 beach front and ocean view units. Mitch Makaha, a resident living near the Ko Olina Beach Villas said, "Many of us will be looking forward to shopping at Ka Makana. It will be a great venue for folks living near Ko Olina."

The Ko Olina area is set to build up quickly, if you have a chance to visit early in the development I do not think you will be disappointed!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: costco in kapolei

does anyone know if the new costco is kapolei has opened?

kapolei, hi
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: costco in kapolei

Hi,

The Costco in Kapolei is scheduled to open spring 2009; It looks complete on the exterior.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,767 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: costco in kapolei

Just got my Costco coupon book in the mail.

Kapolei Costco will open Friday, February 27, 8am.

Though it says 8am for the opening on the coupon book, that may be for the gas part. Other Oahu Costco locations do not open until 10am on weekdays.

But it is their opening so it may be 8am just for the one day.