We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moped--

Which Kaneohe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malibu, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
1,095 reviews
Save Topic
Moped--

Thinking of moped to get back and forth from Waikiki & Kaneohe during Pac-Cup festivities...

Will it be safe on the roads going back and forth?

Cheers,

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,069 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moped--

Mopeds are generally not recommended by most on here.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moped--

We were on Oahu a couple of weeks ago and on our way from Hanuama Bay to Waimanalo we encountered a couple on mopeds. This was on route 72, the scenic route to Kanehoe that you are probably thinking of taking.

They had a long line of cars behind them because of their slow speed. That road is narrow and curvy with very few places for a car to pass a slow moped. They finally pulled over to let the cars go by and looked hot, tired, and like they were not having a good time.

I would suggest ditching the moped idea and getting a convertible for the day. You can cover more area with more safety.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moped--

Aloha San Mo,

I'm with the other two posters. I don't think renting mopeds is very safe in just about any location frequented by scores of tourists. Just my humble opinion…… I love the convertible idea! I know it's awfully touristy, but for our weeks on Maui, we always rent a convertible and just love it!

4. Re: Moped--

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:03 am, June 29, 2014
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moped--

Yep, Chuck-a-roo, you are right! And I have rented a convertible to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway in Fall too, even though we lived in the Asheville area at the time. It's just hard to beat a convertible in places where the scenery is so lovely as to make one weep. :-)

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moped--

Oh, and Chuck, on this Memorial Day weekend, I want to extend my heartfelt thanks to you and your family for your service to our country. I saw on the Oahu forum where you said you served in 'Nam. Thank you.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,859 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moped--

>>>Will it be safe on the roads going back and forth?<<<

H-E-hockey stick-hockey stick- NO!

Malibu, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
1,095 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moped--

Great input...Thank you.

No on moped and a maybe on convertible...Most likely gonna stay in Kaneohe.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,364 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Moped--

Moped? No way. If you do a search on the forum you'll get lots of hits.

10. Re: Moped--

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, December 22, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kaneohe