We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hale Kai - Kailua Rental Highly Recommend

Levittown, PA
Level Contributor
25 posts
Hale Kai - Kailua Rental Highly Recommend

Just returned from a 15-day adventure to Oahu and the Big Island. Wanted to thank all at TA for the useful information that made my stay in Kailua most enjoyable.

A special thanks to Tom and Lucinda Coffey hosts of their Hale Kai rental in Kailua. What a wonderfully, peaceful, quiet, residential location. hawaiioceanfrontrentals.net/kaikailua.html

A home-away-from-home feel. Our mountain view rental was perfect, open-airy living quarters nicely appointed leather furniture with matching wicker accent pieces, large vaulted ceiling, loft with lighting and skylights, 2 lanai’s (one overlooking the pool and the other with an ocean view – were I enjoyed the morning sunrises with my cup of tea), king size bed, marbled bathroom - open shower with glass blocking, walk in dressing closet, kitchen (full size refrigerator, microwave, hotplate, coffee maker, etc. – didn’t do any cooking as we ate out or brought in) and everything you would need to spend a day at the beach (mats, chairs, umbrella, boogie board, surf shoes, sun hat, etc.) Their website also notes all the amenities. Use of laundry facilities and secure private parking (no additional charge, unlike that in Honolulu if you were staying in a hotel) were a plus. I especially enjoyed their saltwater pool and chatting with Lucinda, she was a wealth of information regarding restaurants and activities on the island.

I would definitely return and would highly recommend this rental property to family, friends, and all. Thanks Tom and Lucinda!

1. Re: Hale Kai - Kailua Rental Highly Recommend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:51 am, October 14, 2006
Hawaii
Level Contributor
711 posts
3 reviews
11 helpful votes
2. Re: Hale Kai - Kailua Rental Highly Recommend

LorraineW,

Sorry! That was a little insider info that had nothing to do with your post.

I'm glad you enjoyed Kailua.

How was the Big Island.

I hope you got a chance to go see Mauna Kea at sunset and do some stargazing afterward. I'm real big on that because it's just such a great experience.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
821 posts
3 reviews
37 helpful votes
3. Re: Hale Kai - Kailua Rental Highly Recommend

Lorraine, that house looks lovely! I will have to bookmark it for future reference. Glad you had a good trip. We have two more months. Can't wait!

Levittown, PA
Level Contributor
25 posts
4. Re: Hale Kai - Kailua Rental Highly Recommend

I kinda new this post would generate some kind of brewhaha. lol

Furniture

Didn't see that much of the BI as we flew over on Saturday to board the Kona Aggressor (Saturday - Saturday ). Did some shopping in Kailua-Kona (too tourist for me) before boarding. But after, the following Saturday, rented a car and drove to Captain Cook - breakfast at the Coffee Shack, what a view and the grinds were exceptional then over to Pele plantation to meet Gus and Cindy for a tour - didn't know there was so much in processing coffee or the mac nut. Stayed only one night at the Outrigger. Had dinner at Jamisons by the Sea for our anniversary, then the long flight back home to PHL.

If we had more time I would have loved to see the volcano national park and the other side of the island, maybe in the near future. With family on Oahu, we'll be back.

Level Contributor
382 posts
5. Re: Hale Kai - Kailua Rental Highly Recommend

LorraineW

I am glad to hear you had a wonderful trip to Kailua. Our community appreciates consciences vacationers who stay in legal vacation rental businesses that have a “non-conforming use” certificate like the Coffey’s B&B. We look forward to your return to our community.

California
Level Contributor
27 posts
6. Re: Hale Kai - Kailua Rental Highly Recommend

We had a great time at a private rental in Kailua. It was clean, comfortable, quiet and private. Not far from the beach.

Thank you Karen for the kind words about tourists. All of the people we met in Kailua were very friendly to us.

Aloha!

Hawaii
10 posts
7. Re: Hale Kai - Kailua Rental Highly Recommend

As a full time residence in Lanikai , I would like to welcome all tourists. We enjoy sharing our beach with you. We are right next to Kailua where you can shop and dine. Our Lanikai beach like Kailua is considered one of the top ten beaches in the world..

Aloha!

8. Re: Hale Kai - Kailua Rental Highly Recommend

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:02 am, October 31, 2006
9. Re: Hale Kai - Kailua Rental Highly Recommend

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 19, 2009