We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Kailua

Ventura, Ca
10 posts
Save Topic
Moving to Kailua

we are finally pursuing our dream to move to kailua( my fiance and myself that is) we need a 2 bedroom place apt, condo, duplex, house, whatever- long term for about 1200-1400 a month to rent starting in Febuary 2007. I have seen a few on Craigslist and such for that amount. What is a good website to check out for long term rentals? they all seem so touristy and price gouging- I heard that the best thing to do is to drive around and find it- but I want an idea before we go since we are moving from california. Thanks!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Kailua

What about asking someone at the places you will work for recommendations? They'll be great resources for you and should have suggestions on where you might rent at a reasonable rate. Who knows, they might even have something available for you!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
109 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Kailua

Try http://www.hicentral.com/ and http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com

It will be very difficult to rent an apartment if you're not already on the island, however. I'd recommend renting a temporary place for a month or so search for a more permanent arrangement.

Kailua is one of the most expensive areas on the island, so you may have some difficulty finding a decent 2 bedroom in that price range ("decent" being the key word here). My husband and I rent a 1 bedroom in Kailua and pay $1350/month, and feel that we're getting a good deal. I've seen crappy (i.e. no kitchen sink, roach infestation, etc.) 1 bedroom Kailua apartments in the $1200 range.

At any rate, good luck in your search and hopefully the sticker shock won't be as bad since you're coming from SoCal.

Mentioned in this post
Kailua-Kona
Kailua-Kona
Island of Hawaii, HI
3. Re: Moving to Kailua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:40 pm, July 26, 2006
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
4. Re: Moving to Kailua

We're sorry, but this topic has wandered into non-travel-related subject

matter (relocation to new city/tate/country), so we've closed it to any further posts. To continue this discussion, TripAdvisor invites you to use our Off-Topic Chatter forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i9659-Off_topic…

Please note that Off-Topic Chatter is a forum for discussions gone

afield from the topic of travel. The Off-Topic Chatters forum is

un-moderated -- the forum Posting Guidelines are not enforced, with

the exception of hate speech, unauthorized re-prints of copyrighted text,

and messages that promote or encourage illegal activities. Each user

is expected to take responsibility for his or her own conduct.