We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bed and breakfast in kailua

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
bed and breakfast in kailua

Hi, I am planning a trip to Hawaii in Sept of 2013, I am looking for a home to rent or a bed and breakfast. I want to be within walking distance of the beach. I would prefer a pool and I would love to have a fairly cheap price. Can anyone help me out?

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bed and breakfast in kailua

Hope you are not trying to leverage vacation days by coming around the Labor Day weekend. Big mistake!

Wait until after all the kids are back in school and you will save a lot on airfare, lodging, and car rental.

Unless you have a big suitcase full of money, forget about the pool. - But you'll have one of the best beaches in the world to enjoy.

Check vrbo.com

Happy hunting....................

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bed and breakfast in kailua

Actually, Pats Kailua rentals has a property very close to the beach that has a pool and is fairly inexpensive. I believe it is #8 on their website. It is, however, not a bed and breakfast but a full house. There are numerous b and bs with pools that are inexpensive, but you will be sharing them with the owners of the house. Look around at vrbo and sort by the number of people the place sleeps.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bed and breakfast in kailua

There are only approximately 40 legal vacation rentals and B&B lodges in Kailua. The vast majority of accommodations listed on VRBO are actually illegal. Kailua is a residential community, not a resort or lodging destination. Understandably, the majority of Kailua residents frown upon tourists utilizing illegal accommodations. These illegal businesses reduce the housing supply for residents and alter the residential character of the neighborhoods by removing friends and neighbors from the community. Also, there is the possibility an illegal accommodation that you may have booked could be sited and closed at any time. If you inquire with a vacation rental or B&B lodge operator, be sure to ask them if they have a NUC or non-conforming use certificate to operate a visitor lodging business in residential zoning. A tax license alone is not sufficient. I also recommend you review the Honolulu City government website …honoluludpp.org/Portals/…NUCreport.pdf (pg. 13 & 14 for Kailua) for a listing of all of the current legal lodging is Kailua and cross reference their address with it. If the lodging is illegal, please report them to the Honolulu Department of Planning & Permitting at (808) 768-8111.

4. Re: bed and breakfast in kailua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 23, 2013