We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kyaking

Which Kailua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york city
10 posts
Save Topic
kyaking

Is kayaking in kailua bay fun and safe. do you know any nice places in kailia bay that you can kayak to.

Kailua, Hawaii
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: kyaking

Kayaking in Kailua bay is about the best advernture in the world. It is very safe and very fun. You can Kayak to Flat Island (Moku Popoia) or if you are challenged to Moku Nui the larger of the twin Mokulua Islands off Lanikai Beach. Rent kayaks from Kailua Sailboards and Kayaks in the Kailua Beach Center just a few hundred yards from the beach. Good paddling.

honolulu
Level Contributor
348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kyaking

It's very fun & very safe. You might take a few spills but the water's warm & calm enough that you'll never be in danger.

I encourage people to do it on their own. These new kayak tours just crowd up a place that you worked hard to get to in order to enjoy peace & quiet. Why arrive with a group? I rent kayaks over there fairly often, and make sure that that company, at least, is not taking a group at the same time.

You can just paddle around, or go out to Flat Island, a bird sanctuary that's close, or go out to the Mokuluas. Those are basically your options.

Central Florida...
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: kyaking

We rented from Kailua Sailboards and Kayaks just 2 weeks ago. We have 2 daughters, 7 and 10, and they each manned a double kayak with one of us adults paddling in the back. We kayaked over to Flat Island and then onto Lanikai Beach to do a little snorkling. We had a great time. There is a 2 for one rental coupon in the Entertainment book that saved us $50 to $60.

If you like soul food try Deb's Ribs and Soul Food, also in Kailua Beach Park, when you finish your kayak trip. The food is amazing and really hit the spot after all our hard work!

Have fun!

Gina

Campbell, Ca
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kyaking

My girlfriend and I rented from Two Good Kayaks. The staff was extremely frindly and helpful. They did not open till 9am but we were there at 8:30am and they still helped us. They gave us a mpa showing us where to go along with some helpful hints for first timers. They also helped us load the kayak onto our jeep. We kayked to the islands off of Lanikai Beach. We got out on the left island, which is the only one you can stop on. The distance was about 3/4 mile. We launced from the end of Lanikai beach, closest to the islands.

Central Florida...
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: kyaking

Two Goods also has a 2 for 1 coupon in the Entertainment Book.

Gina