We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oahu.......best place for Sunday Brunch

Warmland BC
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Oahu.......best place for Sunday Brunch

Hello everyone!

Our family of 4 will be making our first trip to Oahu spring 2013. We always like to treat ourselves to a Sunday brunch. We have never been dissappointed when going out while staying on the Big island and Maui but please give us your advise or opinion while visiting Oahu......we will be staying in Kailua and will have a car.

thank you,

Tina

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,468 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Oahu.......best place for Sunday Brunch

The best brunch by far on Oahu....

Far above the others,

Is Sunday brunch at Orchids in Halekulani hotel in Waikiki.

Incredible selection of perfectly prepared dishes, world -class setting, nice music and ambience.

Pricey, but worth every penny.

Lahaina, Hawaii
Level Contributor
293 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oahu.......best place for Sunday Brunch

Hi Tina-

As Amberloo suggested, Halekulani is spectacular! Another option is the Sunday Brunch at "The Kahala "... Reservations are a must as they are booked months in advance.

Happy Travels.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oahu.......best place for Sunday Brunch

This one is easy-the Orchids at Halekulani. Make sure to reserve early. calling the conierge directy, works for me.

Warmland BC
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oahu.......best place for Sunday Brunch

thanks everyone I guess I should actually say "brunch buffet" like the ones you word find in a 4 or 5 star resort.

thanks again for your help

Tina

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,097 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oahu.......best place for Sunday Brunch

You will enjoy the brunch at the Halekulani. Without a doubt, one of the best -- if not THE best -- brunch we've ever enjoyed!

Comox BC
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oahu.......best place for Sunday Brunch

$60.00 USD PP - hmmm - better be reaeeeally good! :-) I guess it will be noodle soup for dinner. LOL!

Are ressies recommended?

One lavish brunch (with a truly economy dinner) I think we could handle. :-)

Ciao Holly

Edited: 12:32 am, January 28, 2013
Seattle
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oahu.......best place for Sunday Brunch

Amberloo, I trust your food recs implicitly! And absolutely do NOT wish to sound snarky here at all. I also recognize that you were answering the OPs specific question re "best place for Sunday Brunch". K?

It's just that, as possibly the cheapest man in North America, I choke on $60 per person for brunch.

Ok, that's $120 for two - plus tip and taxes . So let's say you're staying for ten days. If you "pass" on the buffet, that leaves you $12 per day, each day, for your ten days. I can list several local joints where you can buy a really good takeout dinner for ten bucks, share it for two, and be very satisfied. - Starting with Me Korean BBQ. Ending with Regal Diner in McCully. Many in between.

And grilling local fish or pork is even cheaper - and every bit as good, maybe better.

So, one brunch, or all your dinners for 10 days. To each their own, but easy decision for us........................

Enjoy whichever you decide to do!

8. Re: Oahu.......best place for Sunday Brunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, February 05, 2013
Pluto Highlands
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Oahu.......best place for Sunday Brunch

I rarely eat buffets unless someone else is paying, so dont know if my post will help. just remembering growing up in Kailua that our family would have Easter brunch at the Mid Pacific country club. maybe ur here on Easter. my buffet knowlage is minimal but I always liked this place and the Cannon Club but there long gone.

mpcchi.org/club/scripts/section/section.asp…

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,426 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oahu.......best place for Sunday Brunch

>>>thanks everyone I guess I should actually say "brunch buffet" like the ones you word find in a 4 or 5 star resort.<<<

Ummm Orchids at the 5 star Halekulani Hotel.

And Orchids' brunch is far, far, far better than Minetta Tavern with it's $24 French dip sandwich that isn't as good as Philippe the Original's $6 version and far, far, better than Locanda Verde that would go out of business in any other place in the world rather than Manhattan. Manhattan-ites love scene restaurants even when the food and service turn bad.