We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

turtle bay- has it been updated?

turtle bay- has it been updated?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:12 pm, July 02, 2015
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: turtle bay- has it been updated?

I haven't stayed there since it was the TB Hilton, so I can't comment on the rooms; however, I absolutely love the location and often go hang out at the pool bar and chill out while watching the sunset. So much to do up there with beautiful beaches. I usually stay in Kailua where I grew up, but wouldn't mind staying a night or two up there. Hmmm...need to run that by the wife for our next stay!

Scorchestra (a regular poster on this forum) stays there every year and can give you the best info. You may want to PM her.

Edited: 11:22 am, August 05, 2011
Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: turtle bay- has it been updated?

During my research, I saw a review about it needing an update.

You might consider the newer JW Marriott or the new Disney resort next door to it. Neither are in Oahu and are over on the west side of the island. I'm looking at those two right now.

Edited: 3:55 pm, August 05, 2011
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: turtle bay- has it been updated?

The properties listed by Lovemy Acura are both on O'ahu (I assume a typing mistake) and are on the more arid side of the island...not at all like the north shore where TBR is located. Do your research...they are very different locations.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: turtle bay- has it been updated?

KailuaBred - lol - I gave her that information but it was nice of you to reiterate it.She didn't specify North Shore - just didn't want Waikiki (and they're not on Waikiki) - they're on the west side as I stated.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: turtle bay- has it been updated?

Acura, maybe you need to reread your first post. You say "neither are in Oahu...". Actually, both are on the island.

And anybody who has never been to the island needs to understand that the two sides are quite different...something that you should know from your research. One is fairly arid and the other more tropical

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: turtle bay- has it been updated?

Come on, girls, stop the cat fight. Chuck...

Lion's Head, Canada
Level Contributor
482 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: turtle bay- has it been updated?

We stayed in TBR in 2010, had a second floor room (lower level = lower cost?) walked in and got a very good rate, and even that room had been upgraded nicely. Seems to me that I had seen advertising that something like $25 million was spent on renovations there, over several years. We have stayed there several times starting in 1989, and will keep going back. It's a great spot, but perhaps too quiet for some?

Hey, some of us love quieter spots....

8. Re: turtle bay- has it been updated?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 28, 2012