We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giovanni's Shrimp Truck - Oahu

Which Kahuku hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Topic
Giovanni's Shrimp Truck - Oahu

Where is this located and is it good?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,376 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Giovanni's Shrimp Truck - Oahu

Located in Kahuku right along the side of the road.

It is really good.

AL
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Giovanni's Shrimp Truck - Oahu

There's another one in Haleiwa. As I said in another post, I am traveling this summer 10 hours via plane....spending thousands of dollars....basically to eat at Giovanni's. We ate there in 06 and it, by far, was the best meal we had on the islands of Oahu and Maui. When you order the hot, IT IS HOT! Take my advice and buy a drink with ice before you get there. You will need it! It will leave you breathless! Well worth the trip.

Texas
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Giovanni's Shrimp Truck - Oahu

Do they have anything besides shrimp?? I love shrimp but my husband is allergic to it.

Anyone know if they have a menu on line? Is this the shrimp truck that was featured on the travel channel?

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Giovanni's Shrimp Truck - Oahu

abba, I think it is just shrimp. I didn't actually see the shrimp trucks on the travel channel, but it wouldn't surprise me. They are quite well known. Try not to miss going to one. You won't be sorry. Correct on the HOT! Get the regular....be safe. Enjoy!

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,279 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Giovanni's Shrimp Truck - Oahu

Do a search on here about shrimp trucks as there are quite a few different ones in the Kahuku area.

AL
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Giovanni's Shrimp Truck - Oahu

I think they have 3 types of shrimp...and hotdogs boiled with the shrimp.

The shrimp is served with rice and macaroni salad. The only drinks they have are canned sodas, juices and water.

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Giovanni's Shrimp Truck - Oahu

I did a Google search, but couldn't find a menu. Take hubby to Ted's bakery and have him get the Chocolate Haupia pie!! He'll be happy. On the main hwy from Kahuku to Haleiwa.

Texas
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Giovanni's Shrimp Truck - Oahu

Yum, I can wait to try both places!!!!

Southern California
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Giovanni's Shrimp Truck - Oahu

Yes, there are quite a few shrimp trucks/places in that area. Giovanni's is one of the most popular. We really liked Romy's too. A different kind of shrimp. Some say they're better because they have their own ponds in the back where they get their shrimp and prawns. They also have a sink right there to wash your hands!!

10. Re: Giovanni's Shrimp Truck - Oahu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, September 23, 2009