We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long do we spend in Oahu?

Which Kahuku hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
6 posts
Save Topic
How long do we spend in Oahu?

Hi, my husband and I have been dying to get back to Hawaii since our honeymoon three years ago in Kauai...we spent a week at the Princeville and loved the seclusion. We loved renting a jeep and exploring so staying far at the TBR doesn't bother us. We just don't know if there's enough to do for a week or if we should go to Maui for half the week. We've never been there either. I'm sure this sounds crazy to some of you who love Maui. I just don't want it to be too touristy and too many kids. We plan on avoiding Waikiki. If you only had a week, how would you split it up? Notice we spent an entire week in Kauai and found plenty to do. Thanks!!

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How long do we spend in Oahu?

Oahu is near and dear to my heart. There is just something about it that captivates me. I have been to Maui, Kauai, and the Big Island, and like them also. We are going in March 2008, and will be on Oahu for a week, and can't decide which other island to do for the second week.

I think many people go to Oahu and never leave Waikiki, and that is not really seeing Oahu. Although I happen to love Waikiki, I too think it is a "kick"!

kailua
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: How long do we spend in Oahu?

If I had only 1 week in Hawaii, heaven forbid, and was staying at turtle bay, I would spend half my time getting to know the North shore a little and half my time exploring other parts of Oahu. I would save maui for another trip.

13. Re: How long do we spend in Oahu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, September 05, 2009