We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is there to do in Paia?

Which Paia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
palm springs
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
What is there to do in Paia?

Is Paia a place to just walk around the shops and eat, or is there anything else to do there?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,342 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is there to do in Paia?

That's pretty much it. You could go just a bit beyond Paia and go to Hookipa Beach. This is where you can find world class wind surfers. There is also a nice overlook with fantastic scenery.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is there to do in Paia?

We loved eating at Flatbread Company in Paia great wood oven pizza.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
284 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is there to do in Paia?

Oh my goodness....we had heard the Flatbread Company pizzas were great, the last time we went, but we waited until our last day to go. It was by far, the best pizza I've ever eaten. I wish now I had gone when we arrived instead so we could take leftovers back to the condo with us! We are coming back to Maui next February and we are making Flatbread Company our first stop!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
49,524 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is there to do in Paia?

Aloha,

Well, not IN Paia, but nearby.........the Hui No'eau Arts Center, on an old estate:

http://huinoeau.com/

and Makawao Union Church, incredible stained glass:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makawao_Union_Church

both are beautiful and worth the meander up Baldwin Avenue. Baldwin leads into Makawao town, then you could come out on Makawao Avenue to Haleakala Highway and down to Kahului.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is there to do in Paia?

Hi

Eate , shop, and enjoy old buildings.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
75 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is there to do in Paia?

Visit Charley's and hope for a Willie sighting.....Or give a try to a late night at Cafe Mambo......9pm for movies. Classic and Cult movies on the big screen. Free admission. Food served until 9. Wine, Beer, coffee & desserts available for purchase during the movie.

Level Contributor
34,979 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is there to do in Paia?

Mama's Fish House is there, one of the best restaurants on the island! Make a reservation, you can book and check availability on www.opentable.com I loved their Stuffed Mahi Mahi and Kula Corn Soup. Awesome desserts, also! This is a nice setting to catch a beautiful sunset on the island. :)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,268 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is there to do in Paia?

Back in the early 1990s was when we went to Paia...got a snorkeling cat t-shirt from a place that had bumper stickers saying "New York-Paris-Paia" and I have always regretted not getting some of those. I did get my first Robert Lyn Nelson poster...quite a dip in the budget at $30! So I did not have more money for the bumper sticker.

Dillon's (I believe the Flatbread place is there now) had great burgers, But when we went back in 1993 it was closed--I believe one of the owners passed away and it was sold.

When we get back again, I 'd like to wander around and see what's changed and what has not...we never got back over there in all the later trips.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,270 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is there to do in Paia?

Have amazing gelato at the one shop in town -- loved their goat cheese gelato... shop -- a few stores have some local artifacts and local designers -- hang out on the beach near Mama's -- has one of the best sunset views.

10. Re: What is there to do in Paia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, March 31, 2015