We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to find a rental car, but everyone is "sold out"

snichols16
2 posts
Save Topic
Need to find a rental car, but everyone is "sold out"

I'll be in Maui for a week after Christmas through the New Year. I am trying to book a rental car right now but all of the major companies say they are "sold out." If I book it through one of the tour operators they have availability and then they book it through one of the majors but at a heavily inflated rate. Does anyone know any way around this? Or perhaps know of a good, local company or person that I can rent a car or small truck from for this period?

11. Re: Need to find a rental car, but everyone is "sold out"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:10 am, November 24, 2009
Maui
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Need to find a rental car, but everyone is "sold out"

Aloha Kakou:

I was at Enterprise on Hana Highway this morning (picking up a replacement car while mine is at the dealer for service). I asked the manager about availablity at Christmas. He told me that, aside from being sold out for the entire Christmas period, they have 30 reservations booked for 12/26, all of which say the cars will be picked up at noon (the Hana Highway Enterprise office is open on Saturday from 9am to noon). He also mentioned that they are actually oversold for that day. So, even though they may show availablity, they may not have cars. And, if you show up at noon with the rest of the 30 reseravtions, be prepared to wait, assuming you get a car at all! The manager did suggest people try Kimo's car rental, just a couple of doors down on Hana Highway (kimosrentacar.com).

Canada
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Need to find a rental car, but everyone is "sold out"

Off topic: Just a suggestion for the really long URL's. Try TinyURL.com. Easy to use and truncates the really long URL's into something more user friendly . Copy and paste the tiny URL into your post as a link.

14. Re: Need to find a rental car, but everyone is "sold out"

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:10 am, November 24, 2009
15. Re: Need to find a rental car, but everyone is "sold out"

Removed on: 12:29 am, November 23, 2009
16. Re: Need to find a rental car, but everyone is "sold out"

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 18, 2010