We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panda Express - Cannery Mall??

california
Level Contributor
521 posts
Panda Express - Cannery Mall??

ALoha - I am confused about the location of the Panda Express .. Is it in the Cannery Mall? I see a Chopsticks Express there.. Not familiar with that "restaurant" but I thought someone said the Panda Express was next to the Safeway. MAHALO for clarification

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Panda Express - Cannery Mall??

I believe it is right across the highway from the Cannery.

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
538 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Panda Express - Cannery Mall??

It is across the street from the Cannery Mall.

The address is: 312 Keawe St. Lahaina

Please don't take this the wrong way but, why eat there when there are so many better food options on Maui?

Kahului, Hawaii
Level Contributor
299 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Panda Express - Cannery Mall??

"Please don't take this the wrong way but, why eat there when there are so many better food options on Maui?"

While this is true, Panda is actually WAY better on Maui than on the mainland. The noodles are so much better. It's one of the first places my mom wants to go to as soon as she gets off the plane.

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
538 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Panda Express - Cannery Mall??

Interesting to hear! I was basing my comment on all of my mainland Panada Express dining experiences. I'll keep that in mind.

Kahului, Hawaii
Level Contributor
299 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: Panda Express - Cannery Mall??

"Interesting to hear! I was basing my comment on all of my mainland Panada Express dining experiences. I'll keep that in mind."

Totally. I don't recommend it to people because there is food that's better. I recommend things you can't get on the mainland, but yeah, the noodles and rice pretty good! My mom's favorite one is the one at Ka'ahumanu. When the craving hits I'll go to the one there or the one by WalMart.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
460 posts
43 reviews
6. Re: Panda Express - Cannery Mall??

I keep hearing the same thing about their branch in South Pasadena, but if you know anything about the owners, who are about 5min. away from this very spot, everything is standardized in all their locations except for their first restaurant in Pasadena, called " Panda Inn" which is an upscale version. I ate at the one in Glendale (now closed) and it was pretty good if much more expensive. I would never eat at PE when in Hawaii.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
5,223 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Panda Express - Cannery Mall??

They used to have a guy in a freaky Giant Panda costume on the side of the road. It made you take notice.

Comfort food is a very personal thing and if PE does it for you guys, that's great. I'll even admit to stopping at Ron's of Kahana (i.e., McDonalds) for a haupia pie.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
50 reviews
8. Re: Panda Express - Cannery Mall??

I'd pass Panda Express and drive further up the hill to Star Noodle :)

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
538 posts
41 reviews
9. Re: Panda Express - Cannery Mall??

I'd choose Star Noodle over most anything. I heard that they are going to be featured on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives". Not quite sure how it falls into any of those categories but, I imagine it will only increase their popularity. While on Maui we try and avoid eating at places we can get on the mainland at all costs. There are just too many good places!

Edited: 8:42 am, April 01, 2016
Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
194 reviews
10. Re: Panda Express - Cannery Mall??

could b for the kids, my kids (adults) keep bringing home them crab and cream cheese rangoons that I always have to snatch one. also no wait at Panda, pretty much instant after u pay. another thought Maui sucks for Chinese so thats why they suffice. haha and one last thought u can take away pans for potlucks BBQ's or any event pretty much, seen at many luau.