We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Vacation

Corpus Christi, TX
2 posts
Save Topic
Maui Vacation

My husband and I are visiting Maui next week and I have been reading all the reviews and noticed that many of them mention upgrades. How does that work? Is there a charge? We are staying at the Sheraton. Will appreciate any advise!! thanks

sacramento, ca
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Vacation

My husband and I are also traveling to Maui next week for the first time. We are staying at a condo in Napili Bay..don't know about upgrades, sorry. Have you chosen a few things to do while in Maui? We're going for only 5 nights and I have a feeling we'll be back soon!

Corpus Christi, TX
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Vacation

I'm looking forward to the snorkeling at black rock which is located near our hotel. We also booked a fishing trip (more for my husband) I'm still not sure if I really want to do that. I'm considering a spa treatment during the time his gone instead. We arrive thursday for five days, when do ya'll arrive. What plans do you have while in Maui? I can't wait!!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Vacation

We have had great luck asking for a complimentary upgrade at every hotel we go to - we are usually successful. Hotels, if they have better rooms, will generally upgrade you and create goodwill - so don't be shy - ask! If they say no you are no worse off. If they are going to charge you, they will tell you. Occupancy is down right now on Maui, so you are going at a great time!

My husband and I just returned Wednesday from 5 short days in Maui. One thing that we did that we really enjoyed was the Trilogy Discover Lanai trip. A fun day of sailing and seeing the island of Lanai. Be warned, it is non-stop eating on the Trilogy! They treat you well. We did the sunset trip 10:00 - 6:00.

There is a massage school in Maui (www.massagemaui.com) that offers a decent massage by students for $25 per hour. It's in Makawa (upcountry) so about an hours' drive from Kaanapali, but Wakawa is a great little artsy-town anyway - and you can combine a trip to Makawa with dinner (or lunch during the week) at the Halemaile General Store (YUM!) or a trip to the Surfing Goat Dairy or the Winery. Have fun!

sacramento, ca
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui Vacation

We leave on Wednesday morning.....NOW I'm excited! There is a great little snorkeling area right in front of our condo in Napili, so we'll definitely do that. We are talking about a sunset cruise, maybe doing the "37 mile cruise down a 10,000 foot volcano"...you literally cruise most of the way! It sounds cool (and probably WILL be cold! and just hanging.

Vancouver, WA
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui Vacation

Wife and I leave the 30th, spending Halloween in Lahaina... "The Mardi Gras of the Pacific" Everyone enjoy your stay. I highly encourage going to the McKena beach area south of Wailea for snorkeling!

Sault Ste. Marie...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui Vacation

My husband and I, and our two boys age 19 and 17 are spending Christmas in hawii. The first 4 nights in Oahu and the next 10 nights in Maui. We are staying at the Royal Lahaina. Any suggestions for some things to do would be great. Also any suggestions for restaurants to go to would be super. Never been here before but it has always been a dream to go. Looking forward to hearing from you.Cindy

LR , Arkansas
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui Vacation

here are a few ideas for your family's trip.........go to Hana and drive all the way to seven pools....it will take all day so plan accordingly.

also for a great view go down to front street and eat at Cheese burger in paradise, great food and even better sunset veiw, mabey even some whales.

the oceanography center is cool too

but the absolute must is helicopter tour around the island, your boys will love it and you get a video of your flight...also eat at KIMOS one of the most popular resturants on front st....great mahi mahi.

hope this will help , Ive been lucky enough to go several times and am going back for New Years this year for my sanity and my wifes...lol

If you have any more ?'s just ask and I'll do my best.

Sault Ste. Marie...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui Vacation

Thank you so much for replying. Any other things that are a must to do please let me know. less then 6 weeks to go. Any suggestions where to eat on Christmas Day?

Central California
Level Contributor
10 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui Vacation

While you're in Lahaina try Bubba Gumps. It's right on the water. We had a table by the window and I took some beautiful sunset pix right out the window.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maui Vacation

Hey Cindy-2004 - we are taking our (2) 18 year old boys in June and would love to hear from you when you return from your trip. Any suggestions would be appreciated.