We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Propeller Plane to West Maui

Lake Tahoe
Level Contributor
301 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Propeller Plane to West Maui

I need a one-way flight from Lihue, Kauai to Kapalua, Maui since I'm staying in Kahana. I've heard that only smaller aircraft land at this airport, meaning that jets are forbidden.

Looking for a direct flight and was wondering if anyone has had good or bad experiences flying to west maui, renting cars at the smaller airport...

Are any of the interisland airlines recommended over the others?

Thanks.

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,981 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Propeller Plane to West Maui

Island Air flight 170 at 9:55AM. 1 hour flight time. They fly the twin engine prop planes.

I believe Aloha, Hawaiian, & GO all have jets which are no go for Kapalua. I don't know anything about the car rental agencies at Kapalua, we always come into Kahului.

Hope this helps.

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Propeller Plane to West Maui

correct, small planes only, which i personally prefer. car rentals are near there. avis, budget, dollar and some more. i love west maui!

California
Level Contributor
199 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Propeller Plane to West Maui

I too prefer the Kapalua airport. It is very small and so there is no car rental lines that you would find at Kahului. You can also arrive a little later for your departing flight since your filght might be the only one leaving for that hour.

4. Re: Propeller Plane to West Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, August 20, 2009