We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which luau is the best?

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sparwood, B.C.
Level Contributor
552 posts
Save Topic
Which luau is the best?

I see ads for the Royal Lahaina Luau and the Old Lahaina Luau. Are these the same? If not, which is the best?

Gilbert
Level Contributor
952 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which luau is the best?

Oh goodness, hands down the Old Lahaina Luau. It has won several distinctions for being one of the best (if not THE best) in all of Hawaii.

The Royal Lahaina Luau is not the same. See the Old Lahaina Luau. We've seen it several times now and it's wonderful!!!

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which luau is the best?

Old Lahaina Luau is almost always labelled the best on Maui. I've seen four luaus on Maui, including both that you mention, and the Old Lahaina really is superior.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which luau is the best?

Old Lahaina Luau is the best I have ever seen. I feel like having one of their Mai Tai's just thinking about it.

Chicago
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which luau is the best?

This past January my wife and I attended the luau at the Hyatt and loved it. I have heard many mixed reviews about the different luaus. Supposedly, the Old Lahaina Luau is purely Hawaiian, which is supposedly slower than the multi Polynesian luau at the Hyatt. The food and entertainment were great.

ckk
wisconsin
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which luau is the best?

Book the Old Lahaina early. We just returned from Maui and hoped to book it there. It was sold out for the next month!! We attended the luau at the Hyatt and it was very good.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Which luau is the best?

How do you sign up for the old lahaina luai?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,509 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which luau is the best?

Try this link:

www.best-luaus.com/Old%20Lahaina%20Luau/

Victor, New York
Level Contributor
403 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which luau is the best?

We booked a couple of weeks ago for mid-August and they were already 40% booked!

Here's a tip.. call them to make your reservation instead of online. then they charge your credit card on the day of the luau. You might as well be getting the interest on the money rather than them - if you book online your card will be charged immediately.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which luau is the best?

Here's the official OLL link if you want more info. It's a cool Web site.

http://www.oldlahainaluau.com/index_main.html

I just booked by phone last weekend and all three dates I was considering for April (12, 13, 14) were still open, though they said the seating would be best on the 14th, so that's what we went with. I think it's a good idea to call; they can give you a better idea of seating availability.

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which luau is the best?

I personally feel that the OLL is a little over rated. IMO the luau at the Marriott was the best. The Mariott luau was very entertaining and the food and drinks were great. I definitely think if you have children they would enjoy this luau better, as it is not as traditional and not as boring as the OLL.