We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napili bay - Maui trip report

SO CAL
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Napili bay - Maui trip report

Here's is a review of our stay at napili bay resort-maui 8/9 to 8/16. After checking many reviews we rented condo#102 and the condo is even better than the pictures show it's a steal at $190 a night. Unit comes fully loaded and was redone recently.

Napili beach is a beautiful bay with sandy shoreline and reefs for snorkeling close to shore with lots of fish and sea turtles too. There is a tree right on the beach in front of the condos if the sun is to hot for you.

Napili is in a great location in between kaanipali and kapalua

close to lahaina also.

Road to hana can be a great trip or a long day I've had both. The trick is to leave real early we left at 6 a.m. and zipped up the mountain with no traffic and plenty of room to park and see the waterfalls along the way also black sand beach,by the time we made it to the 7 sacred pools some people were already there but

not very many. This place is well worth the trip it is unbeleivable seeing the waterfalls run right to the ocean. If you like to hike the 2 mile hike up the falls trail and through a bamboo forrest the payoff at the end is a great 400 foot waterfall. If you want to see some of the island that only the helicopters get to see take the back route home we asked a ranger and she said it would be a faster way home because of the traffic comming up the front way (remember alot of 1 lane bridges) You will hear its to rough to go that way but we made it with a mustang the road is a little rough in spots but most of it is just fine and the last 2/3 of it is a breeze. The scenery is just crazy goes from rain forrest to desert to volcanic canyons down to the ocean and large lava fields and you get to see some of the upcountry.

Our 2nd trip was to the Ioa valley very easy to get too and looks like some of the movie jurasic park's scenery a great short day trip.

Our last trip was to the volcano a must do the drive up was easy and going through the clouds was fun at 10,000 feet high you do get some great views of the island if the clouds aren't to heavy. The volcano itself is like a painting of colors and different landscapes from the red sliding sands to black volcanic rock and some green vegitation. there are some good hiking trails and you can hike to the rim of the cones that erupted so many years ago.

Maui is just a great place to explore and if you don't explore it you will miss some of gods best work !!!

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,110 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Napili bay - Maui trip report

Did you go out on the ocean at all? Mahalo for your report.

PA
Level Contributor
638 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Napili bay - Maui trip report

Happy to hear you had a good trip. Good call on going all the way around the island on the Road to Hana journey. Glad to hear you saw some turtles at Napili Bay... will look for some next week. ;-)

Also happy to hear that the waterfalls were flowing as another post I saw said many were dry recently... really hoping to get to see Waimoku... appreciate the report! :-)

Meadow Vista, CA
Level Contributor
137 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Napili bay - Maui trip report

NapiliBay. Our experience was similar, as we stayed in Napili Point next door, and just so happened to sit under that tree on Napili Bay one day.

We actually started on the backside of the Island around Haleakala to get to Oheo Gulch. We left later and stopped for an hour plus breakfast.

SO CAL
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Napili bay - Maui trip report

Shanty,

Yes we went snorkeling 6 out of 7 days at napili,honolua and kapalua. Black rock is always to crowded and we did south maui a few years ago. Also went kayaking twice.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Napili bay - Maui trip report

Hi -

I love Napili Bay Resort too but I'm so confused because we just got back yesterday and arrived there on the 12th and we stayed in #102......

Were you above us in 202?????

SO CAL
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Napili bay - Maui trip report

We were in #102 the 9th to the 12th then moved to #207 which wasn't as nice as #102 but was still good. I wanted #102 longer but you beat me to the dates. Dang you !! lol

San Francisco
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Napili bay - Maui trip report

Oh LOL!!! I think I booked that is Feb. or March.....

Last year we stayed in #109 but yes, #102 is great!

Indiana
Level Contributor
784 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Napili bay - Maui trip report

NapiliBay,

Can you tell me more about your trip around the backside of Hana through the mountain and the hike. We are going to do this in October and have never made this part of the trip. We have been the traditional 600 turns/50+ 1 lane bridges and we are wondering if we should go the way you came, see the sites.....turn around in Hana and then return the same way around the backside??

Thanks and enjoyed reading your report.

los angeles
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Napili bay - Maui trip report

Where did you do your kayaking? Any suggestions?

los angeles
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Napili bay - Maui trip report

Where did you do your kayaking? Any suggestions?