We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for 50th anniversary dinner on Maui?

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, OR
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for 50th anniversary dinner on Maui?

My family will be on Maui, staying in Ka'anapali celebrating my parents 50th anniversary in May. I'm looking for a nice restaurant that can accommodate 7-15 people - guest list tbd, but includes 1 child. I would love to find something right on the beach, or ocean view or with sunset view. But mostly I'm looking for GREAT FOOD AND GREAT SERVICE, and am not opposed to private catering. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best place for 50th anniversary dinner on Maui?

We just got home from another great meal at Royal Lahaina Hotel. Ocean view dining. Nice light music and an small show at sunset.

Good menu and lots of lighter items or full dinners.

Free parking and valet parking.

Casual and not noisy or over crowded.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,977 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best place for 50th anniversary dinner on Maui?

Thumylens, we feel the same. Thanks for expressing it so well..

Kansas City
Level Contributor
158 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best place for 50th anniversary dinner on Maui?

Our favorite is Merriman's. We have always been very pleased with the food, the service and the view. That is the place we go for the most special occassions we have on Maui.

We like Leilani's, but on recent visits we've found the service to range from good to lousy and the food to be generally good, but not as good as Merriman's. Leilani's is considerably less expensive however and has great views from upstairs.

Salem, OR
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best place for 50th anniversary dinner on Maui?

Thank you Everyone for posting suggestions.!! I'm very greatful! Ihave looked at merrimans online, but a very recent trip advisor post about a Terrible 25th anniversary dinner has me reluctant... I love sensei, but it's way too loud & crowded for this occasion. I also have looked at Pacific'o & Lahainia grill online, but none of your posts mentioned them... I'm intrigued by Leilani's... I'll definitely have to investigate that! Thanks again & keep 'em commin. -cutienbo

15. Re: Best place for 50th anniversary dinner on Maui?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 pm, January 10, 2014
Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Best place for 50th anniversary dinner on Maui?

For all the hype, we found Merrimans so-so. Certainly not bad in any way. But not really different than a dozen other places.

We loved Pacific O. But had a stellar waiter. Can make a huge difference, IMO. Sets the mood, etc. So much of a once a year restaurant experience is luck and timing.

17. Re: Best place for 50th anniversary dinner on Maui?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 12, 2015