We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feast at Lele's from Kihei

Western Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Feast at Lele's from Kihei

We are heading to Maui for the first time in 2 weeks, first staying at Lahaina for a couple of nights. We wanted to attend the FAL while there but unfortunately the only night we can go is already sold out. We will be touring the island and will end up in Kihei in the following week, so we are thinking of booking the FAL for one of those nights. We are wondering if it would be an easy drive betweem Kihei and Lahaina to attend the Feast. Any comments that can help us make our decision?

Trilogy Excursions
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Eco Tours
Blue Water Maui
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,390 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feast at Lele's from Kihei

It is an easy drive and completely doable. The only caution of course is don't drink and drive. Maui roads are easy to drive at night. They have the most reflectors I have ever seen driving anywhere. It is curvy- not bad curvy- but problems happen when there is the drinking and driving. When we stayed a couple times in Wailea we would drive to and from Lahaina all the time and Kihei is even closer.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,434 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feast at Lele's from Kihei

Just be sure one of you is a DD, it's an easy drive, even in the dark. Not kidding folks, the drinks are well-made at FAL! HA But the show is well worth the trip.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Feast at Lele's from Kihei

We drive into Lahania three or four times on our vacation and we stay in Kihei. We attended the Old Lahania Luau and drove home after, no problem.

Alberta Travelbug

Cheryl

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feast at Lele's from Kihei

The road way has lot of reflectors.

When you book Feast of lele see if they will put you on a wait list for an evening you are staying in Lahaina.

Western Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feast at Lele's from Kihei

Ah yes, the drinking!.... Thank you for your replies and tips, everyone! Now we only have to make our decision. We have previously been to the Feast of the Kings at the Fairmont on the Big Island and absolutely loved the variety of food and spectacular show afterward, so it would sure be great to experience this FAL.

Level Contributor
35,742 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feast at Lele's from Kihei

We were very pleased with our time at Feast @ Lele. The food is innovative and we really enjoyed being served our courses vs a buffet style venue. Have fun! :)

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Feast at Lele's from Kihei

Absolutely book the FAL because it is a romantic, wonderful meal and show BUT please make sure the DD remains the DD......lol!!!

I drove back to Kihei from Lahaina four or five times last fall, in the dark, and it is an easy drive. My joke was that I became an expert, but I am a DD for life, so it was no problem. My complaint is the amount of oncoming drivers using their brights. Ugh......that got annoying! Deb

Western Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Feast at Lele's from Kihei

One question: At what time does the Feast start?

Western Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Feast at Lele's from Kihei

Ignore the previous post.

The choice between the Feast and the Luau was just too hard to make, so we have booked both! We will be in Lahaina to attend the Luau on the day after our arrival, and we will drive from Kihei to attend the Feast in our second week. I'm very excited and so looking forward to both evenings. Mahalo, everyone! :)

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Feast at Lele's from Kihei

Very cool! The best of both worlds........I hope you have an amazing vacation! We will be on Maui in eight days and so happy! Deb