We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable lodging near the Hyatt Regency Maui

USA
Level Contributor
131 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable lodging near the Hyatt Regency Maui

I will be attending a conference at the Hyatt Regency Maui, but the room rates are too steep for me. Would you please advise me of a reasonably priced place to stay a short drive away? It will be in November. I was looking at the Kaanapoli Ocean Inn and the Old Lahaina House. I don't know how long it would take to drive from those locations. Thanks for your help.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
55,208 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Reasonable lodging near the Hyatt Regency Maui

Depending on when you are visiting, I disagree with BL. The Eldorado and/or MKV may well have a studio within your budget. The others I mentioned are about 10 minutes' drive down the highway to the Hyatt-maybe 15 allowing for parking there.

The Eldorado and MKV are on the free Kaanapali Trolley, but it prob wouldn't get you to 'work' early enough-it doesn't start until about 9:30.

You might also check Kaanapali Royal. It is a very strict property about noise and such, one reason I don't rec it often. But it may work for you.

Here's a map that shows the whole K'pali to Kahana are and the condos/hotels (map on left):

mauimapphotos.com/West_Side_Beaches_files/De…

Edited: 1:03 pm, July 25, 2013
USA
Level Contributor
131 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Reasonable lodging near the Hyatt Regency Maui

Awesome map, thank you. I am checking the condos. Maui Eldorado definitely has some I will be contacting. Thanks again

Sherrard, Illinois
Level Contributor
143 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Reasonable lodging near the Hyatt Regency Maui

Kaanapali Beach Hotel is within walking distance and The Whaler is too. Both places offer some good discounts depending on your dates. I have stayed at both locations and would recommend either of them. Check VRBO for the Whaler.

14. Re: Reasonable lodging near the Hyatt Regency Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 27, 2014