We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daisy's Taxi

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Daisy's Taxi

I'll be visiting Maui again later this month. The place that I will be staying at suggested that I can contact Daisy's Taxi for a ride from the airport. The last time I was in Maui I know there was a lot independent taxi services. Is anyone familiar with Daisy's Taxi and if they are reliable? Thank you

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,559 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daisy's Taxi

i don't know much about the taxi services on Maui except that they are VERY expensive. Best to either rent a car or use one of the shuttle services.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daisy's Taxi

We have used several various taxi services on Maui (MUCH cheaper than a DUI after a few mai tais) and never had a problem with any of them. Not sure if we used Daisy specifically but I'm sure you'll be fine! :)

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daisy's Taxi

You are looking at about $100 each way for a taxi from the airport. Check speedishuttle.com and executiveshuttle.com for some savings.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daisy's Taxi

Thank you very much for your reply. Daisy Taxi was wonderful! I could see how it could very expensive but I think we did ok with the Taxi Service. It was a small family service but Daisy and her husband were super nice and they were very friendly. The fee were very reasonable and it was very personable like a personal chauffeur. They offered us a business card where we can prearrange our travel plan 15 min ahead time and have a ride ready. It was an awesome service. We have been on Maui before and we knew the island was small, the roads were narrow and it has crazy street names that's why we were not comfortable with driving. Plus Fungirl has the right idea, let someone else do the driving so we can do the mai tai's. Being that we were there for about week and spent the time mainly around Kaanapali area, front street and the harbor, we usually only need a short ride and did the rest on foot. We saved a lot of money on transportation, not to mention avoided a lot of hassle with having to find parking and pay parking fees. That's nice about Maui is once you can get into the vicinity of your destination there is enough to do for a day without much travel.

Overall, Daisy Taxi was awesome and a great resource for transportation when you're on Maui. I would recommend it and use them again when we return. Thank s everyone.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,619 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daisy's Taxi

<<"That's nice about Maui is once you can get into the vicinity of your destination there is enough to do for a day without much travel.">>

For a day yes ... but a whole week without a car on an island as beautiful as Maui means missing out on some amazing highlights. Tours are always an option though. Glad that Daisy's worked out for you.

Just a note for others ... driving on Maui isn't a challenge (unless you aren't used to driving on the right side of the road, in which case it would take a bit of an adjustment.)

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,559 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daisy's Taxi

I'd think anyone from Las Vegas would have a very easy time driving Maui. Glad you like the service you received, but I would be curious to know where you went and how much it cost each time. I personally wouldn't go to Maui for more than a couple of days without renting a car.

7. Re: Daisy's Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 20, 2014