We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale Watching out of Lahaina or Kaanapali?

Simi Valley...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Whale Watching out of Lahaina or Kaanapali?

I'd like to ask all of you who have already gone on a whale watching trip two things:

1) What time did you go? and,

2) Did you see a few, some, or many whales?

Thanks!

ontario
Level Contributor
292 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Whale Watching out of Lahaina or Kaanapali?

What time does the early morning whale watch usually leave at. I would prefer the calmer waters as well. We will be staying at the Mahana,so is there one close by? We will have a car.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Whale Watching out of Lahaina or Kaanapali?

10vey: Since you are at the Mahana, you might as well drive the 10 minutes down to Mala Wharf or Lahaina Harbor. There are several companies with early whale watches, but they leave at different times. Check out Trilogy or Kaulana for a larger catamaran or these rafts: Capt. Steve, Ultimate, Maui Adventure.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,422 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Whale Watching out of Lahaina or Kaanapali?

Capt. Steve's leaves from Mala, Trilogy, Teralani and Gemini have cruises that leave from Kaanapali beach and there are also cruises offered from Lahaina Harbor. You will need to check their web sites for times.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Whale Watching out of Lahaina or Kaanapali?

I was suggesting Mala or Lahaina for an early morning whale watch. I don't think Trilogy or Terelani offer an early morning outing from Ka'anapali. Gemini offers an 8am if they have enough passengers.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,422 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Whale Watching out of Lahaina or Kaanapali?

Thanks for the head slap! Guess they are "winding down" on the whale watches when they get later in the season....

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
52 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Whale Watching out of Lahaina or Kaanapali?

Any chance of seeing whales in mid-April (12-21 Apr)? Or are we going to be too late? ... My fingers are crossed!

:-)

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,883 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Whale Watching out of Lahaina or Kaanapali?

Keep those fingers crossed. I've always seen a few whales in mid April. We usually see the last of the bunch at the beginning of May. Best place to see them late in the season is by being ON the water.

18. Re: Whale Watching out of Lahaina or Kaanapali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 24, 2014