We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel time from Lahaina Shores to Haleakala summit?

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
240 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Travel time from Lahaina Shores to Haleakala summit?

I know that Mapquest/Google Maps will give an estimate on how long this trip will take, I was hoping for some real world experience. We are going for sunrise. Yes, I realize this has been asked ad nauseum, sorry. I wonder sometimes how people who have been on this board for years and years handle the constant asking of the same questions ;-) Thanks in advance!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Travel time from Lahaina Shores to Haleakala summit?

LOL........when the husband and I are alone and lost in paradise, no problem. We figure it out, we're usually on island time and just rambling about.......BUT with kiddos, in their twenties, they seem to need reassurance that we will find our way and they think GPS and google maps are reliable on the islands. NO! We had an annoyed daughter in the car with us, but I decided heading up an unmarked, dirt road to nowhere wasn't smart! And we found the Kula Lodge in good time......

Should have seen the kiddos when I wasn't sure about how to find Waihee Ridge Trail and we were next to ocean ledge, plus she knew that at some point, we would have a hard time turning around and be on a very scary road......cliff side. We bagged that activity and ran for the pool! I hope to have my directions down before next visit! We will be alone next trip......

Yeah......another fun trip report promised! And summer in between my next visit. Life is good. Deb

12. Re: Travel time from Lahaina Shores to Haleakala summit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 19, 2014