We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midwest USA
Level Contributor
122 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking

I will be traveling with a group this summer and staying at Aina Nalu. Two in the group are smokers and I was wondering if anyone out there that has stayed here lately knows if there is a designated smoking area at this condo complex. Also, are there any Lu'au's that have a smoking area? All of my preaching falls on deaf ears. As a former smoker myself, I sympathize...just a little. Thought I would see if anyone had any info. Thank you.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,420 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking

outrigger.com/hotels-resorts/hawaiian-island…

It says "completely non smoking" on this page, so I think your smoking friends will need to go for a walk.

You may want to look at a luau that has access to a beach. That way, they could go out there for their nicotine fix. I would want to make sure they tell the wait staff where they are going though, so there are no issues getting back into the grounds. I can't imagine they would be the only smokers wanting to have a cigarette though, so there must be something in place for them.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking

Even though all hotels and most condo's prohibit you from smoking in any common area, they are cognizant to the fact that people still do smoke. I would really be surprised if there isn't any area set aside for your friends to have their smoke. All the different luau's I've been to on Maui and here on Oahu also have had a "smoking section".

Midwest USA
Level Contributor
122 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking

We have decided to go to the Old Lahaina Luau. Hopefully they can find a spot to smoke there. I'll be watching the show and enjoying my Mai Tai with the others. Mahalo for the infomation.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,420 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking

The sooner you book the OLL the better the seats! You can reserve right NOW if you have your dates! No need to line up an hour ahead of time then.

Have a wonderful time!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking

Your friends will meet some really fun folks in the "pariah pods". No problem finding smoking areas where ever you go. Just tell them to take a half empty water bottle to use as an ashtray! Please don't just them in the sand!!

Midwest USA
Level Contributor
122 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoking

Thank you. We plan to book the luau this week. mamma0233...Very good advice. These folks are the type that carry their cig butts in their pocket so rest assured they won't leave any behind. I hope they enjoy this luau. I have been to a couple and both had the fire dance at the end which was one of the best parts. I see this one doesn't so I hope the show/food & drink make up for that. Thanks again.

7. Re: Smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 19, 2014