We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Luau with toddlers

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Maui Luau with toddlers

What is the best luau in Maui for group of 8 adults plus 1year old and 3 year old? Want to avoid long lines and want a show that will keep their attention. Also kids free a bonus! We are staying in Lahaina. Thanks for your feedback!

Kihei, HI
Level Contributor
16 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Luau with toddlers

I never went with small children so I can't address that aspect but Old Lahaina does the best, most authentic Luau in my opinion.

Pine Island...
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Luau with toddlers

We went to the Luau at the Royal Hawaiian last week. It's not the highest quality choice, but it's cheaper than others and the kids are free. They also have food just for kids like hotdogs and mac and cheese. It's probably not the best choice for adults, but our kids loved it.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
39,776 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Luau with toddlers

Aloha,

I think the poster above means the Royal Lahaina. The Royal Hawaiian is on Oahu.

Little ones can get bored at the Old Lahaina.

I'd consider just stopping at some of the free hula shows and having dinner after, instead.

The luau all run around 3 hours, a push for any kid.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
21,667 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui Luau with toddlers

I have to agree with sw. I think there is too much potential for the kids to ruin it for the adults. I am not being nasty here, please! I had twins first, and our third when they were just two and a half years. I didn't even want to go out to a restaurant with them! Aside from the work involved packing up every one, I just didn't enjoy worrying about how long the food would take and if they would get antsy, and would they annoy other patrons at the restaurant.

At least at the luau, they can get up from the table and move around and look at the different exhibits, but still.....

Why don't you look into getting a nanny for the night? Just the adults could go! There are some great companies that offer this service. You need to feel comfortable leaving your kids with a stranger, but they really are great.

I can't remember any names right now, as it has been a while since anyone asked on TA... a search in the box above "ask a question" would bring up some older threads though. Something to think about anyway.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
39,776 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui Luau with toddlers

Aloha,

The best sitter service is The Nanny Connection.

6. Re: Maui Luau with toddlers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 26, 2014