We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lahaina 2nd Friday - Whales

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Lahaina 2nd Friday - Whales

If you're on island now, I just heard that Flip Nicklin (Natl Geo whale photographer) will be giving a talk tomorrow night (Fri) 7:30 in Campbell Park (Front St. across from library). I'm pretty sure it's free. Wish I were there.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,046 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lahaina 2nd Friday - Whales

I heard him speak a couple of years ago here on Oahu. He and his photographs are amazing. Best hour I've spent in a long time!!

Edited: 12:23 pm, February 07, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lahaina 2nd Friday - Whales

We arrive Sunday... wondering or let me know if other opportunities like this come to light... Thanks.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lahaina 2nd Friday - Whales

Wolfpack, you are in luck. The following Saturday & Sunday (2/16-17) in Lahaina at the Maui Theatre (where 'Ulalena is usually performed -- around the corner from Foodland) there will be another free event called Whale Tales. Flip will be participating and it features the scientists who have been doing the genuine whale research in Maui waters for over 30 years. You get to hear the latest updates on whale songs, moms & calves, competitive groups, etc. Though it's free, I know they appreciate donations for research. There will also be some whale watches with the researchers aboard. It's an incredible opportunity if you enjoy the humpbacks.

whaletrust.org/PDFs/WhaleTales2013_SCHEDULE_…

4. Re: Lahaina 2nd Friday - Whales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 09, 2014