We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Eldorado - Unit J215

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
126 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Outrigger Eldorado - Unit J215

We stayed in this unit a couple of years ago and had a great time and want to return to this unit. Unfortunately the resort won't guarantee that we can get this unit again.

Any ideas on how to find the owner of this condo? I have googled with no luck!

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outrigger Eldorado - Unit J215

Maui Co. property tax info shows a co-ownership in the name of several trusts. Here is a link with the ownership info, which is located at The Masters at Kaanapali. FYI, the correct street name is actually "Puu Anoano" & could very possibly be: http://www.mauiusarealty.com/

qpublic7.qpublic.net/hi_maui_display.php…

Alo)(a, NKO

Edited: 4:56 am, December 24, 2012
Maui
Level Contributor
141 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outrigger Eldorado - Unit J215

Aloha sheri15:

The contract between Outrigger and the unit owner prohibits the owner from renting to you directly. It is inappropriate for you to contact the owner on your own. Please let me know when you will be here and I will do my best to honor your request, depending upon occupancy and availability.

Me Ke Aloha,

Bill Rees

General Manager

Outrigger Maui Eldorado

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
126 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outrigger Eldorado - Unit J215

I was of the understanding that owners rent their condos out on other websites and wasn't aware that this particular property was only rented through the Outrigger.

Apologies if it was inappropriate to ask.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,895 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outrigger Eldorado - Unit J215

Hi Sheri ... it wasn't inappropriate to ask here about that rental here...that's what TA is for - to help other travellers :)

But it's normal for most resorts to have an either/or situation with regards to rentals, i.e. as an owner, you can have the resort manage your unit, or you opt out of their program and look after the rental yourself (or with the help of an agency.)

Many of us here prefer to know exactly which unit we're going to be staying in and book either through VRBO or an agency. Suggest looking for alternative units that look appealing, unless you're willing to gamble on getting that particular unit.

Good luck with your plans!

Buffalo
Level Contributor
143 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outrigger Eldorado - Unit J215

I am absolutely amazed by the reply from the general manager here.

First, a potential customer asks to return to a unit that they had previously rented.

They are told that it cannot be guaranteed, and obviously were looking to fill a need.

Then the general manager actually POSTS on tripadvisor that her inquiry was a prohibited act? Why not put this much energy to accomodating a potential guest, instead of publicly rebuking them?

If I were the potential guest, I would take insult to this tact, and book elsewhere. But.....that's just me.

Aloha.

Edited: 7:33 pm, December 27, 2012
ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,895 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outrigger Eldorado - Unit J215

Louis ... he didn't actually say that the inquiry was a prohibited act, but that a direct rental between the unit owner and client is prohibited ... and that an inquiry directly to the owner is inappropriate. I read it that it's inappropriate to contact the owner if they aren't advertising the unit themselves for rent, and if you know that you are supposed to rent through the resort. He did say that he would do his best to accommodate her in that unit, which is about the most a resort can do that won't guarantee a specific unit.

Maui
Level Contributor
141 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outrigger Eldorado - Unit J215

Aloha Kakou:

Susan, thank you for your responses. I appreciate that you understand my position and drew the distinction between owners who rent on their own and those who choose to rent through programs such as mine.

For reasons as numerous as they are, my owners choose to ask me to manage the rentals of their units. Some are elderly, some are busy, some appreciate the fact that I offer a solution for them that requires very little involvement from them. Some just appreciate that I am on the property to take care of their unit for them.

I have had several circumstances where owners have received unsolicited communication from potential guests. Each time, the owner was upset that someone had contacted them directly. That's why I say that direct contact of a rental program unit owner is inappropriate as I am very protective of my owners, as well as my guests.

Were a customer to rent directly from an owner that is not in my program, I would wholeheartedly suggest that they do this kind of research to be sure that what they were indeed sending money to a legitimate owner. Still, I have seen owners continue to rent units that have been foreclosed upon and, with tax records not updated, have seen disasterous consequences when the customer arrived and were denied access and, as I am at the property have tried to accommodate these guests who are thousands of miles from home with nowhere to stay and who have very little money to pay for another unit to replace the one they did not receive.

When a guest rents from a major rental program, they know there is someone on-site to take care of them and, should a problem arise or a unit is not what the guest expected, we will do what it takes to fix the problem or to find alternate accommodations for them. As I mentioned, I would be happy to do everything that I can to help the original poster - we're usually pretty sucessful in granting unit requests, depending upon the time of year.

Louis, I apologize that you feel you would have been insulted by my comments - that certainly was not my intention. I would love to be able to guarantee particular units but, alas, my program does not work that way as there are many variables that are outside of my control and outside of the scope of this discussion that might interfere with that promise. And, if it is critical to the success of a guest's stay, I would rather they found something they liked elsewhere as opposed to disappointing them by promising something and then not being able to fulfill that promise.

Our rental model works well for our many, many return guests. My rental program's ownership continues to expand. My rental program is but one of many possible options; it is important for all renters to weigh the pros and cons of each alternative, decide what is important to them, what risks they can live with and then make that choice.

Thank you for your consideration.

Me Ke Aloha,

Bill Rees

General Manager

Outrigger Maui Eldorado

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Outrigger Eldorado - Unit J215

Thanks for the well worded response with some very valid points, Bill.

While some individuals enjoy the ability to guarantee booking of a particular unit, many times it is also in the best interest of potential renters to have the security provided by an agent / manager that's able to make accommodations outside the scope of what a single-unit owner would be able to provide.

I hope all works out for the OP, & appreciate your honesty and patient replies.

Alo)(a, NKO

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Outrigger Eldorado - Unit J215

If you rented this unit when it was managed by Outrigger than that standard should be offered in other units.

A property management company can not guarantee a unit because the unit may get sold or the owners may want to use it.

The two times I did book through VRBO there were problems with the unit and with the house. Unfortunately we did not have the option of moving to another

unit. So there are some advantage to booking with good agencies and managing agents that manage more than one unit in a property.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
143 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Outrigger Eldorado - Unit J215

I just have one simple question:

If I have an inventory of units that I am renting, I know what demand I have during a specific date.

What is it specifically that would prevent a property manager from giving the request consideration.

If, for example, I have 50 3 bedroom units available from March 3-10 (just for example), and I have 40 requests for 3 bedroom units...........then why can I not give a specific 3 bedroom unit to a guest who requests a specific unit?

It just doesn't make sense to me, that's all I am saying.

I appreciate your position about the prohibited act or being directly contacted. It just seemed to me that it should have been worded a bit differently.