We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to rent a convertible camero

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
89 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Looking to rent a convertible camero

I have seen them on Maui but cant seem to find a company that offers anything but Mustangs and Sebrings. Anyone know who rents them on the island?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,509 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to rent a convertible camero

Maybe they are not rentals?

I know some Budget locations offer them but have no idea if OGG is one of them.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to rent a convertible camero

We scored one (had 27 miles on it & they were claiming to have trumped the competition) on the Big Island from Alamo back in February; would think OGG couldn't be far behind (we're counting on one in Feb'13).

We've always enjoyed Mustang rag tops in Hawaii, but the Camaro was much "cooler" & had noticeably quicker acceleration (nothing more than 0-55...well maybe two or three exceptions). Regret not checking under the hood; hard to believe it wasn't a V-8.

This link includes local phone #'s if you want to call direct:

www.hawaiicarrentals.net/locations.html#Avis Maui

P.S. Not sure if still exclusive to Alamo/National, but they let you pick your car from available inventory.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking to rent a convertible camero

Oops; scratch the preceding link & try:

hawaii.gov/ogg/…car-rentals

Boston...
Level Contributor
337 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking to rent a convertible camero

I just got one from Hertz 2 weeks ago at the Maui airport. I actually wanted a Chrysler 200 convertible but Hertz on Maui only had Camaros and Mustangs, so I ended up with the Camaro.

5. Re: Looking to rent a convertible camero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 19, 2013