We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do on your 22nd trip to Maui?!??!?!

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orange County
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
What to do on your 22nd trip to Maui?!??!?!

I have gone to Maui every year for 21 years. This will be my 22nd, and I'm going in December. I feel like I've seen and done almost everything, so I'm hoping some of you out there may have some "off the beaten path" ideas for activities that I have never done. I've ziplined, snorkeled, scuba'd, biked, motorscooted, parasailed, horse back rode, atv'd, Hana'd, eaten from one end of the island to the other... I even went to Little Beach once because I had never been (and once was ENOUGH for sure...) I've taken day trips to Lanai and Oahu. I've done the volcano. I've done up country. Luaus a-plenty. Your thoughts?

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,462 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: What to do on your 22nd trip to Maui?!??!?!

go to kauai!!!

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: What to do on your 22nd trip to Maui?!??!?!

Wow,,,,,22 years? My wife and I LOVE Hawaii and Maui and have been to the islands 11 times BUT.........what about seeing some other parts of the world. We have done Italy and it was right up there with a vacation experience. Mexico and the Carribbean are also tops. There is so much to see and do in this world that we would never pigeon hole ourselves with the same trip every year.We say leave this world with as few regrets as possible..........Aloha

SF Bay Area...
1 post
Save Reply
33. Re: What to do on your 22nd trip to Maui?!??!?!

I'm actually guessing that our OcNikki is probably 22 years old and this a a trip with her family? So the responses to see the world and make woopie are kinda dumb.

My recommendation Nikki is to enjoy the vacation time with those you love they won't be around forever.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
133 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: What to do on your 22nd trip to Maui?!??!?!

You go OcNikki. Have you been to the Slack Key show in Napaili or to see Willie K at Mulligan's on the Blue? Try some hiking, there are many incredible hiking trails. My husband and I have been going to maui for 30 years. Why? Because, to us, it is the most magical place on earth. Have we travelled other places? You bet. We will continue going back to Maui every year because of the people, the sunsets, the Aloha spirit, that special floral aroma upon arrival at the Kahului airport that's only Maui, drinking coffee on our lanai early morning and hearing the sound of the ocean waves coming in, early morning walks on the beach, snorkeling with fish, dolphin and honu. I could go on an on. Whatever you do, enjoy your time in this magical place.

35. Re: What to do on your 22nd trip to Maui?!??!?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, December 15, 2013