We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Lahaina cottages?

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Lahaina cottages?

My husband and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary with a week on Maui the first week of September. Despite the occasion and the fact that it's our first vacation without kids, this is a budget trip! I have pretty much decided on the Royal Lahaina but need to decide between the cottages and the tower. There are great packages thru Hawaiian Air right now and the price difference is only $8/night. I really like the idea of being about to walk right out across the lawn to the beach but I keep reading that the cottages are in really bad shape. We don't need fancy but we do need clean and not dingy. Any thoughts from people who have stayed in the cottages recently?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Lahaina cottages?

You cannot go wrong with the Tower. The cottages need updating. The rooms in the tower are gorgeous.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Lahaina cottages?

Book the tower and don't even second guess. You will be happy you spent the extra $8/day.

Sparks, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Lahaina cottages?

How about the Ka'anapali Villas? They are right next door, and you can get a condo, studio, or 1 bedroom. Then you can walk accross the lawn to the beach!

Lori

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
61,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Lahaina cottages?

Aloha,

Either Maui Kaanapali Villas, as mentioned-or the Tower at RL.

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Lahaina cottages?

The cottages have seen better days and are quite worn and tired looking. You'll be much happier in the tower rooms which were remodeled a year or two back.

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Lahaina cottages?

Exactly what I needed to find out. Thank you! And Kaanapali Villas was the other place we were thinking about. If we're going to be in the tower anyway it evens the choice out. The pools are nicer at the Villas but we'd probably be at the beach way more than the pool. Price is the same for both RL and the Villas.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
61,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Lahaina cottages?

Aloha,

But if you stay at the Villas............you have a full size fridge, and a kitchen to cook (or not!) too. Not having to eat every meal "out" can be a big money-saver and also a more relaxing way to enjoy. You can stock up on snacks, drinks, etc. and do things for so much less.

Edited: 5:02 pm, May 07, 2012
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
26,049 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Lahaina cottages?

Even if all you did was breakfast and coffee with that kitchen, you will save lots. Then you can splurge on a sunset cruise to celebrate that wonderful anniversary. Congratulations too!

9. Re: Royal Lahaina cottages?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:41 pm, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Lahaina