We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any advice on a trip with one year old? Tnx!

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any advice on a trip with one year old? Tnx!

Any helpfull tips about going with one year old baby ? Thanks in advance!

Durham, NC
Level Contributor
399 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Any advice on a trip with one year old? Tnx!

About the Maui Ocean Center - an adult one day ticket is $21 - one WEEK is $26. A one year old is probably free. I'd go for the week ticket. It's only a little more and you can alwaus go when it's raining. Plus, you're child may tire before you finish the whole tour, so you can go back and pick up where you left off. We only went our next to last day. If I'd known about the week ticket we may have gone more than once - and we don't have kids!

Arizona
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Any advice on a trip with one year old? Tnx!

My husband and I enjoyed the Atlantis Submarine -- probably the highlight of our trip because we weren't going snorkling but could still see what it is like under there. There were many older folks (1 even had oxygen) and little kids. The hardest part would be that you need to climb down and back up a ladder -- but if you had one of those baby sacks on front or back there would be no problem.

We also very much enjoyed the Maui Ocean Center but don't bother with the headseats -- there is plently of information at each display.

alberta , canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Any advice on a trip with one year old? Tnx!

Buy a 50 SPF swimsuit for the little one. We found one at KMart in Kahalui but I have also seen them in swim stores. It is actually a one piece, kind of like a wet suit and it means you don't have to put sunscreen on over and over. They even make hats with flaps out of the same material!