We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kapalua weather

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ma.
Level Contributor
140 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kapalua weather

How is the weather this week? Going next week and looking for sun and surf! But I'll take a poncho just to be on the safe side.

Mahalo for weather info in Hana and Kapalua.

Ferndale, Michigan
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kapalua weather

Cloudy and a bit rainy from Paia up along the coast this week. But I can't imagine this can go on much longer. I'd bet you'll be hitting it just about right.

Cool in the valley, like 10 degrees cooler than the coast. It drops from 83 right down to 72 or so just past Maalea Harbor. I guess it's always close to that, yeah?

Colorado
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kapalua weather

We will be there next week as well, looking for some sunny skies and warm beaches. If not, a good wet bar will be well appreciated!

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kapalua weather

"Cloudy and a bit rainy from Paia up along the coast this week. But I can't imagine this can go on much longer."

Pa`ia is on the north shore and is windward. Typically it rains here. Some days a small shower, other days it rains and rains and rains. This is what makes it green and makes the waterfalls flow. From Pa`ia to Hana is rainforest and is not unusal for there to be rain every day in this area. Kapalua it slightly windward and while it is no where near as wet as the north shore and east Mauim it still gets its fair share of showers on a regular basis.

If it is too wet and/or windy in Kapalua, head south to more leeward areas to find the sun.

Reno, NV
Level Contributor
55 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kapalua weather

You are golden... sure, take a very thin waterproof pancho ( or trash bag with a head-hole cut out)... and if it showers, so what.

Oh, Hana... diff deal, can rain anytime but as I said, so what. Don't get your hair done.

Johhny