We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui in March Break

Vancouver
2 posts
Save Topic
Maui in March Break

We are travelling to Maui for March break, myself, my 81 y/o mother and 2 kids 3 and 10. We are on a budget, where would ideal weather and swimming in the sea be? We are from rainy Vancouver and are looking for location rather than condo luxury.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui in March Break

If you are on a budget, I'd try the Kihei area especially the South Kihei side. Lots of condos and good beaches.

Vancouver
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui in March Break

thank you shantybob, I have been told the swimming is not as good in the Kihei area? Or was I misinformed?

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
319 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui in March Break

we always stay at the Maui Eldorado in Kaanapali. The condos are huge, a one bedroom is at least 1,000 sq ft, but the bedroom has 2 queens and there is a moveable wall between the beds so you can make it into 2 bedrooms and the condo comes with a sofa bed. The Kaanapali beach is one of the best beaches on Maui and all kinds of things to do right in Kaanapali. The condos are not directly on the beach as there is part of a golf course between you and the beach but it is a nice 5 minute stroll to get to the beach. If grandma can't handle the walk the hotel offers lifts to the beach on their golf carts. We will be staying there this spring break...also looking to get away from the Vancouver rain.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui in March Break

You were misinformed vancouver. Some of the nicest swimming beaches on Maui are in Kihei.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui in March Break

rainyvancouver

Try this ocenfront cottages:

www.aikaneoceanfrontvacationrentals.com/#

Also check this out for more options.

http://www.a1vacations.com/index.cfm/fa/home

Its better than VRBO.

I will be in Maui too during Sprink Break.

Thanks

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui in March Break

Hey Fellow Vancouverite,

I prefer the Kaanapali area. If you want to be in this area give Kahana a try. We usually book with Chasenrainbows.com. They have units from Napili to Kaanapali. Maybe give the Valley Isle Resort a try.

Good luck.

colorado
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui in March Break

We moved from Maui a few years ago, after living there for almost 10 and I can tell you with complete confidence that Kaanapali is where you'll want to be. Be sure you are on the Whaler's Village side, however. There are 6 diff. climate zones from Maalea Harbor to Kapalua (only a 15 mile span) Lahaina and Kaanapali Beach being the sunniest and driest. The further NW the rainier. Perfect month to go as well! Enjoy the whales and the weather! There are many great places to stay, let me know if you have any other questions!

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
2,598 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui in March Break

marcstephm-

Will I get to see whales during the very last week of April? Be honest. I keep reading different reports on when whale season really ends. Also, when exactly IS Spring Break? Does it coincide with my trip?