We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feast @ Lele

michigan
Level Contributor
250 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Feast @ Lele

Hi can anyone tell me anything about the feast. Is it worth $100.00 per person ? Also what are the best beaches to visit at Maui ( we are not surfers). Thank you

Winston-Salem, NC
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feast @ Lele

Sorry that I can't help you on the Feast but I can tell you what beaches I visited. We stay in the Wailea area and the prettiest beach that I saw was the Big / Makena beach. It is south of the fairmont, Four Seasons, and the Grand Wailea. It is a wide, long, beach. We had one end to ourselves for several hours!

Somewhere near the...
Level Contributor
493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feast @ Lele

kellie-jo: If this is your first luau, then I would not recommend the Feast at Lele - it is very different from what most folks are expecting from a "traditional luau" -- for "first-timers", I'd recommend "Old Lahaina Luau", which is a traditional (and Hawaiian) luau. ............. With that said, the Feast at Lele is wonderful !!!! And, yes, it IS worth every penny! The seating is restaurant-style out on the lawn over-looking the ocean, with a beautiful sunset view of Lana'i to set the tone..... It is an "intimate" affair and very romantic for couples, or they will pull together tables for larger parties, as well. You have a waiter/waitress and a bus-person assigned.... Drinks are included and they start the moment you walk in (if you're so inclined) --- I do make the recommendation that you TIP the waiter/waitress for the first set of drinks to ensure timely service of additional ones. The food is on a set menu, and includes the foods from the different island cultures for which you'll be seeing dances/entertainment. It is very good food, and the menu even recommends different wines to go along with your dishes. (But, be careful if you have to drive anywhere afterward -- the couple at the next table next to us followed the suggestions to a "T" and were VERY soused at the end of the meal - but since they were staying right next door at Lahaina Shores, they didn't really give a hoot -- they were taking full advantage of the "free" drinks) ............... Seating tends to be on a first-come, first-served manner, but there really isn't a bad seat on the lawn area, but early check-in got us a table right up-front in front of the stage area. The entertainment occurs between each course and the only complaint I had was that there wasn't enough time between the service and the commencement of the next "mini-show" (if I wanted to pay attention to it AND film it). .............................. So, if you've been already to a luau, then the Feast at Lele is a wonderful departure from what you've experienced before.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
243 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feast @ Lele

This is one of the highlights of our trip to Mau! We pre-booked before we left and had excellent seats. I don't know if it was first come or not.....but we were right up front, and I noticed that the back was mostly filled in.

We found most food prices very high on Maui, so given that, this was a good deal. The food was wonderful.....every item in each course complemented each other superbly. Every wine sugguestion was a perfect accompaniment. This has been one of our best dining experiences we have had.

Our 20 yr old son is not usually fond of seafood, and ate everything, and remarked how excellent the food was.

I talked with the Chef James McDonald afterwards, and told him what a remarkable experience this was, and how much we enjoyed each course of this culinary experience!

This was our first time at a luau and one will not soon forget.

Maui
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Feast @ Lele

I took my whole family to The Feast this week. It was without a doubt the best luau that I've ever attended. I first attended the Old Lahaina Luau at this same location in 1991. It was very good at that time, however since it has relocated to the area behind the Cannery I was embarassed when I took some friends there two years ago. Extremely bad food and just so so entertainment. I would strongly recommend the luau at Ka'anapali's Marriott over the Old Lahaina Luau if cost is a consideration.

The Dig Me Beach at Ka'anapali's Whaler's Village is also a favorite for visitors. Another nice little beach just to the north is Kahekili Beach park.

Frequent Maui Visitor

michigan
Level Contributor
250 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feast @ Lele

Mauivisitor, Thank you if you have anymore info it would be helpful we are going 12-05 with two 20 year old girls and we are going to be staying at the Hololani Resort and ifo would be great

Riverside, CA
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Feast @ Lele

as was said, the Old Lahaina Luau is the best place to go. We were there last year on our 25th anniversary and I have without a doubt never had a better experience. If you are staying near there, don't miss Warren and Anabelle's Magic Show in Lahaina. I have not laughed so hard in ages, and it was CLEAN (no crude or vulgarity at all,,,, refreshing in this day and age!) Make advance reservations for both. If you are on a budget and don't mind spending an hour or so in a timeshare presentation, you can get the tickets for half price or less.