We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cocktail cruise with PWF

kansas
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
cocktail cruise with PWF

We are planning to book a cocktail cruise with PWF in February but wondered how the whale watching will be. Are the whales very active at sunset? Can you see them very well? Since this will be the only whale watching tour we are taking during this vacation we want to choose a time best for viewing them. Thanks for any help!

Keller, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cocktail cruise with PWF

My wife and I took the PWF cocktail cruise in 2003 and saw more whales on it than on our PWF whale cruise. One whale swam right toward our boat and fluked just a few yards away...pretty cool. I highly recommend the cocktail cruise.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cocktail cruise with PWF

They are out there day and night. When I was small my dad used to take me out on full moon at night and we'd sit on his boat with the engines off and watch for the whales to breach or swim by.

On a sunset cruise it will still be teilight by the time you are heading back, so you'll be able to see them just fine, even without a full moon. Feb is peak whale time.