We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Happy Hour for Good Drinks/Apps

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best Happy Hour for Good Drinks/Apps

Staying 10 days Kannapali Beach Club one week and 3 days westin. Like to spend big buks on our two Champagne brunches and during the week save a little go on some good happy hours places for decent prices on drinks/apps.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Happy Hour for Good Drinks/Apps

Ruth's Chris's happy hour is good.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
48,094 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Happy Hour for Good Drinks/Apps

Aloha,

Duke's, Maui Brewing Company, Mooses's, Lulu's all come to mind. Have fun!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,859 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Happy Hour for Good Drinks/Apps

Betty's Beach Cafe, Merriman's at Kapalua, Cool Cat Cafe, Leilani's and Hula Grill in addition to those mentioned.

SoCal
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Happy Hour for Good Drinks/Apps

You just can't beat a Maui Brewery Coconut Porter from the tap!

Edited: 5:45 pm, August 01, 2010
Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
681 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Happy Hour for Good Drinks/Apps

If you go a bit north of Lahaina, you'll find a couple of good deals on pupus.

The Sea House Restaurant at the Napili Kai Resort has $5 pupus from 2 - 5 p.m. We went there today and enjoyed the food and great views. Everything from mac nut shrimp, to seared ahi, to Maui onion soup. Check out the Happy Hour menu here:

www.napilikai.com/dining%2Dentertainmnet/

Also, the Pineapple Grill at the Kapaula Resort has 50% off pupus on Thursdays form 5:30 - 10 p.m. and on Fridays and Saturdays from 8 - 10 p.m. We hope to try it this Thursday.

http://www.pineapplekapalua.com/

Carole

Seattle, Washington
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Happy Hour for Good Drinks/Apps

Since you are staying at the Westin you will love theTropica Bar. The drinks are good, the food is good and the bartenders are the BEST! l Brett, Freddie, Tommy and Kevin will make you feel welcome and at home. Love them!!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,859 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Happy Hour for Good Drinks/Apps

>>>The Sea House Restaurant at the Napili Kai Resort has $5 pupus from 2 - 5 p.m. We went there today and enjoyed the food and great views. <<<

Sounds like Maui is fun, I am sure you are enjoying the Westin.... Napili Kai is one of our favorite places to stay when circumstances allow.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
525 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Happy Hour for Good Drinks/Apps

Funny you should ask, I wrote a list on the subject!

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i20252-Maui_Ear…

I'm in the process of updating the entries - check the dates on each item.

But, if you really want to save money on meals, I'm not sure if happy hour dinners are the the way to do it. Most places have either inexpensive drinks *OR* inexpensive food, and on our last trip to Maui a happy hour dinner would still set us back $50. Sometimes the happy hour special is just $2 off mai-tais. Yes, it's cheaper than paying non-happy hour prices for the same food, but not cheap if that's what you're doing every day or your almost 2-week stay.

There are lots of great opportunities for fun inexpensive meals - if your lodging has a nice view, there's nothing better than setting up "happy hour" on the lanai with takeout from the Foodland poke bar and DIY rum drinks. We've also enjoyed burritos on the beach and fish-and-chips from little take-out spots in Lahaina. Have fun!

California
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Happy Hour for Good Drinks/Apps

Dukes at Honua Kai, just a short walk from your hotel. They offer several different tropical drinks and beer's for $4.00 each between 3 & 5 PM. Best deal around!

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
681 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Happy Hour for Good Drinks/Apps

Hi scottca075 ~ Yes... having a great time. I don't remember Ka'anapali Beach being so windy, however!

We're enjoying the cooler and drier Maui climate after coming from Honolulu. Had a fabulous time at the Moana, by the way. A wonderful trip so far.

Carole