We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to rent a car from hotel (Sheraton) instead of OGG

Franklin, TN
9 posts
Save Topic
How to rent a car from hotel (Sheraton) instead of OGG

Arriving for 1st visit in March, 2006. 2 adults/2 kids (9 & 12). We are cronic over-packers and would rather not use a convertible/Jeep to get to Sheraton Black Rock from OGG. I would rather use a shuttle (suggestions?) to the hotel and then rent a rag top for the week, give it back and return shuttle to the airport. Is this possible?

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to rent a car from hotel (Sheraton) instead of OGG

You can call Speedishuttlebut you might be better off with a car service like Kapalua Executive Transportation Serice. KETS does both shuttle and sedan from the airport. They have a website with their rates.

There are car rentals in Ka`anapali and Lahaina. Avis, Budget, Hertz, Enterprise. They have shuttles, but less selection than the lots at OGG.

Franklin, TN
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to rent a car from hotel (Sheraton) instead of OGG

kaiwahine,

I recognize your name from many other posts. You deserve to be identified as a local expert. Keep up the good advice on protecting the private areas.

When you say that we can rent locally, does that mean from the smaller airport (JHM) which is a couple of miles from Lahaina? I would not have a problem doing that at all.

Do you know if the SpeedShuttle makes stops at various hotels along the way, that can be brutal when you have been traveling from Tennessee all day.

Thanks again for the quick answer, kaiwahine