We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling with kids

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san mateo
4 posts
Save Topic
traveling with kids

I will be in Maui with my husband and 2 kids in Nove. Anybody got some hints on traveling with kids. Like for example, how you deal with car seats and stroller, do I need to bring my own do the hotels have extras. stuff like that,

thanks mucho,

shelynn

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling with kids

I highly recommend that you bring your own car seat and stroller. I took my three year old with me 2 years ago and it cost me $6.00 a day for a car seat from the car rental company. The stroller is a very good idea especially if you plan to go shopping in Lahaina. No matter what age your children are they will have a blast. My daughter is now 5, and she still talks about the trip to Maui all the time.

san mateo
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: traveling with kids

thanks marni, im so excited.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traveling with kids

We strolled our kids right to the cabin door and then the staff took the stroller and loaded it in the cargo area. It was waiting for us when we de-planned right at the cabin door just at the start of the jetway. We carried the car seat onto the plane and strapped the kids in so they'd be safe. I feel leary of rental car seats because even if a car seat has been in a fender bender the car seat is no longer safe due to the possibility of stress fractures!

Good luck and have a great trip!

san mateo
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: traveling with kids

THanks Suzie,

I will do that. Im so excited about my trip but really nervous about flying with the baby.

thanks again,

shelynn

LA, CA
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: traveling with kids

We got back from Maui on 9/29/04 we took our boys ages 2 and 5 they loved it. Take the car seat you will save money and the baby is already use to the seat. Check it in at the gate. If the they love to play in the water take them to Iao Valley it's free, about a 20min drive that way you get to enjoy not only the beach. Take the stroller with you it will help around the airport and in the big shopping centers, I took those umbrella strollers they are light weight and easy to carry. Have fun and take plenty of pictures.

san mateo
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: traveling with kids

Thank Mita, Im really excited but nervous at the same time. Ive got this fear that my baby will be screaming the whole way there. The only good thing is that I stillllll breast feed and hopefully that will pacify my son. THanks for your advise. I really appreciate it.

shelynn