We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help! where to stay on kaanapali beach, maui

rocky mountains...
1 post
Save Topic
help! where to stay on kaanapali beach, maui

need ideas on package deals (or just hotel deals) on kaanapali beach, maui. every review seems to contradict the others. hoping travelers will share their special deal reviews.

Pitt Meadows, Canada
Level Contributor
310 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help! where to stay on kaanapali beach, maui

I booked The Whaler through Costco and saved $500 off the best price I could find even by owner. I haven't stayed there yet but I have stayed at Kaanapali and for me it's the best area possible. I love all that there is to do there, the proximity to Lahaina and the people watching is great!

Martinez, CA
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: help! where to stay on kaanapali beach, maui

I agree Costco had the best deals. And believe me I shopped and shopped around. They had the best pricing on the Sheraton, Hyatt, Westin, and other top resorts. Even better than booking through the Starwood membership rates! They also do air and car rentals, w/ great rates. Good Luck.

white rock bc
Level Contributor
532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: help! where to stay on kaanapali beach, maui

Msparkyace

Does all Vancouver Costco's offer travel service? I live is White Rock and am wondering if the Costco in Surrey has travel service?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Surrey
Surrey
England, UK
Martinez, CA
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: help! where to stay on kaanapali beach, maui

You can call Costoco's 800 number and find out. l 1.877.849.2730

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help! where to stay on kaanapali beach, maui

Aloha!

There are many wholesalers out there like Blue Sky Tours, United Vacations, Apple Vacations, etc that offer GOOD prices on air, car, and hotel packages. Some of these you can use own your own, others will require a travel agent.

Bryan Brown

HawaiianBreezes

Hawbreezes@aol.com

Redondo Beach, CA
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: help! where to stay on kaanapali beach, maui

The magnitude and quantity of deals will depend heavily on the time of year. During the winter, they are virtually nonexistent. If you are willing to consider condos, I highly recommend www.vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owners). This is a private website operated by individual condo owners. This way, you know exactly what unit you are renting, and the prices are almost always significantly less than the consolidators.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help! where to stay on kaanapali beach, maui

Best bet is to contact your local travel agency. They will have all the latest and greatest updates for you. Travel Agency are paid by the vendors they book not by the CLIENT. They will find the best pricing for what you are looking for. I would need to know more about what you are looking for in a property and your price range before I could give you a recommenation. Kaanapali Beach is nice, so is the Sheraton and Hyatt. Stay away from the Westins they are heavy into timeshare presentations.

Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: help! where to stay on kaanapali beach, maui

The reason travel agents are going out of business is because you can book directly on-line, as well as find out all the information. They cannot give you discounted hotel rates. Plus a lot of them charge you a fee for booking. Consumers area getting smarter than travel agents these days, because of all the information you can get online.

Classic Vacations has some decent rates if you book early. The Hyatt often offers the 6th night free and might throw in a free breakfast.

AA and United vacations may offer discounted rates.

Prior Lake, MN
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help! where to stay on kaanapali beach, maui

We havenow stayed at the Kaanapali Alii twice and loved it. Some construction going on, but during afternoon hours. Not a big deal for us anyway.

The Whaler cancelled our reservatons 2 days before our arrival with no sympathy or help on finding something different. They didn't even have an answer as to why the rented us a room and suddenly weren't able to follow through. Just an email message saying there were no rooms available.

Just an FYI. Hope this may help.

Mentioned in this post
Kaanapali Alii
Kaanapali Alii
869 Reviews
Maui, HI
Washington
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: help! where to stay on kaanapali beach, maui

We went through Costco for our trip to the Sheraton last week. We will use them again. Loved the Sheraton. Best beach, great pool and amenities. Room was wonderful and bed comfy.