We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you pay to use the Westin and Hyatt pools ?

Maryland
Level Contributor
212 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Can you pay to use the Westin and Hyatt pools ?

If you are not staying in the big resorts, can you pay a fee to use the Westin and Hyatt or any other resort pools ?

Reno, NV
Level Contributor
55 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you pay to use the Westin and Hyatt pools ?

No. They are very strict. You need a room key for ID and a hotel towel but you're welcome to walk around the pool area and drink at the bar.

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you pay to use the Westin and Hyatt pools ?

I was wondering the same thing about the Wailea area pools. We are staying in a house without a pool and it would be nice to be able to pay to use the pools. I guess I can see where it would annoy the people paying high prices at the hotel when lounge chairs are already at a premium. I heard that the Grand Wailea offered day use at practically the price of a room though I'm not sure if there is any truth to the rumor.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
746 posts
567 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you pay to use the Westin and Hyatt pools ?

I know a person who was staying at Fairmont Kea Lani, but also got a room at the Grand Wailea just so her kids could use the pools there!

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you pay to use the Westin and Hyatt pools ?

Do you have to wear wristbands at the Kea Lani? I have stayed there twice and don't remember having to wear them. I do remember walking through the GW and the kids were wearing wristbands. My sister is staying at the Hyatt and is thinking of getting a room for the day at the GW. Not sure if it would be worth it!

Level Contributor
121 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you pay to use the Westin and Hyatt pools ?

My understanding is that you used to be able to do it but it has been stopped now. The pools at the hotels are getting very crowded and guests are unable to find space so that have stopped the "pay to use" programs at almost all hotels.