We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trips to Oauhu

Sabetha, Kansas
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
trips to Oauhu

We are going to Maui in April, and would like to spend a day in Oahu and visit the memorial. What is the least inexpensive way to go. Will the whales still be visible in late april?

North Versailles...
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: trips to Oauhu

Bumping this, because I'd like to honeymoon in Mauii, and do a day trip to Oahu, but at around $350.00 round trip?!?!?!?!? PLEASE tell me there's a cheaper way....

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,668 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: trips to Oauhu

Serenity,

If you are flying into or out of Oahu on your trip you might consider spending a night and taking in the other sites along with the memorial.

If you are flying into and out of Maui then yes, it is costly to go to Oahu for a day trip. Airfare would be around 120-150 per person. You would need to go on the first flight otherwise you might not get a ticket out to the memorial. Getting there from the airport would be by taxi (probably) or you rent a car for the day.

I think you will find most organized activities anywhere in Hawaii are pricey.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
291 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: trips to Oauhu

serenitygrace, the prices people are quoting here in the 150 range are for round-trips. You would never pay 350 round trip for one person unless you got the absolute most expensive kind (use anytime, fully refundable and changeable). Nobody gets those unless they are really unsure about their dates.

Sometimes you can get one-way as cheap as 63.00, as a poster has found here, but most of the flights I'm seeing as I research are around 147 round trip for one person, taxes and fees included.

I hope this helps. One interisland company quotes with taxes included and one without. I can't remember just now which one is which...but it can be confusing, so remember to doublecheck when comparing the two airlines' fares.

14. Re: trips to Oauhu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:45 pm, August 09, 2005