We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you upgrade the car after winning a bid on Priceline?

CSD
Maumelle, AR
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Can you upgrade the car after winning a bid on Priceline?

I have read a lot of posts on whether we should rent a convertible or not. We still have not made a decision. So the question is: If I make a bid for an SUV on Priceline and win it, will I still have the option of upgrading to a convertible once we land on Maui? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Windermere, Florida
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you upgrade the car after winning a bid on Priceline?

I don't know the priceline part, but when we went to Kauai we had a reservation for a convertible. We decided to change to an SUV because in Maui we found out that the convertible does not have enough trunk space for our luggage and Kauai gets more rain (and it rained a LOT when we were there so we would not have had the top down hardly at all). Anyway, we had to pay more to go from a convertible to a SUV because we got the Convertible on a special price and the SUV would just be their regular rates. So if I were you, I will decide carefully which kind of car you really want before you go and stick with that decision.

Central Montana
Level Contributor
205 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you upgrade the car after winning a bid on Priceline?

I'm not familiar with car bidding on Priceline but I believe with hotels no changes can be made after a bid is won. Personally I believe it would be risky to assume you could upgrade unless you specially hear that from a Priceline person.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,625 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you upgrade the car after winning a bid on Priceline?

Never used Priceline but I have heard you are offered the upgrade at the time of bid only....going from an SUV to a convertable is not really an upgrade more like a swap as they are both about the smae price.

Bid what you want and you will be better off.

CSD
Maumelle, AR
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you upgrade the car after winning a bid on Priceline?

Thanks all for the information! I think we are just going to go ahead and get the convertible through Priceline. I saw on biddingfortravel.com a lot of folks got a convertible for as little as $22/day. Hopefully, it does not rain too much in August.

Mission Kansas
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you upgrade the car after winning a bid on Priceline?

CDS, It wont rain much in Maui in August unless you are staying near Hana.

We bid on a convertible on Priceline and got it for 220.00 for eight days through Alamo.

Get answers to your questions about Lahaina