We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less Chaotic

Oviedo, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Less Chaotic

I'm sitting here right now looking over my spectacular view of the Sheraton Pool and Ocean. The pool here is very nice and very relaxing. We walked up to the Westin Pool yesterday and it was soooo crowded with screaming kids and chaos. I would definitely say the Sheraton Pool is far better. I live in Orlando and I can say that the Westin and Hyatt pools here in Maui reminded me more of a Disney type of pool. Very pretty, and "themey" if there is such a word. The Sheraton Pool seems more natural and realistic for Hawaii. Just my perception :)

Tustin Ranch, CA
Level Contributor
88 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Less Chaotic

Jerk!!! LOL

This is a great post for those always asking the same question about "The Westin or The Sheraton". It's low season and there is still a lot of kids at the Westin pool.

Enjoy your trip!! I'll be there in 2 weeks.

Marietta, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
516 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Less Chaotic

Damn, I'm jealous. Say, "aloha" to Pu'u Ke Ka'a for me!!

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
114 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Less Chaotic

After reading these boards for months I wish I would have chosen to stay at the Sheraton next week. We'll be at the Westin. We made our decision based on some reviews from friends and the pretty pictures on the starwood website.

I have a feeling I'm going to be saying "Don't make me drown your kid!" a lot next week.

California
Level Contributor
288 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Less Chaotic

why do you go to a pool in Maui? I know you're near the beach. Didn't you go to Maui for the beaches?

Maui
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Less Chaotic

Lessa....Thanks for saying what I was thinking.

As a Maui residentI have to go back on a paraphrse of Snorkel Bob...."If you don't get in the ocean, you might as well go to Cleveland!"

Screw the pool....You have a beautiful ocean & natural coral reef system just a few yards from the urine infested chlorinated artifical swimming pool, the likes of which you could sit around a mere few miles from home. Come to Maui, eat at Outback(mainland chain), Tony Roma's(mainland chain), Bubba Gumps(mainland chain), Ruth's Chris Steak House(mainland chain), McDonalds, Subway etc. Sit around a chlorine infested pool at the resort, then go home & complain about missing the "real" Hawaii.

Boo Hoo!!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Less Chaotic

Amen to going to Da Beach.

(I like the Cleveland thing.)

Portland
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Less Chaotic

Nothing feels as good to me as getting my cold, mossy, Portland toes into that warm Maui sand. I LOVE lying on the beach, swimming in the warm ocean, and snorkeling! However, later in the afternoon, there IS alot to be said for lounging about the pool with a good book while someone brings me yet another Lava Flow.

Orange, CA
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Less Chaotic

I like your way of thinking, tropigirl. Glad to know the Sheraton pool is relaxing - we'll be there in November.

Oviedo, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Less Chaotic

I DO spend most of my time at the beach, however I just love the pool area at night. The HOT TUB is a must at the end of the day. But, you will find my toes in the sand throughout the rest of the day. We have left our beautiful Maui paradise and now are looking out from a balcony here in Kauai .... it is a bit rainy right now, but they predict good weather is moving in soon. For anyone interested, the grounds here at the Hyatt are absolutely beautiful. They too have a spectacular pool but I will be spending time on Ship wreck beach area.

Marietta, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
516 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Less Chaotic

WynGator - Have a fabulous time and a Mai Tai or 3 for me at Brennecke's at sunset :) Oh, and don't forget to have a Puka Dog for me too!