We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reception at the feast a lele or old lahina luau/ HELP...

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
fullerton, ca
1 post
Save Topic
reception at the feast a lele or old lahina luau/ HELP...

I am having my wedding at the Maui Prince Hotel. I already know that both of these luaus are quite a distance and that is another issue. But what i would really appreaciate is advice if anyone would recommend one over the other. Keep in mind it is a wedding reception w/ 25 people total. I am looking for something different yet still intimate. i would like great food and a great show. Thanks for any help.

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reception at the feast a lele or old lahina luau/ HELP...

bump

vancouver WA usa
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: reception at the feast a lele or old lahina luau/ HELP...

I have heard wonderful things about the Old Lahaina but I cannot speak from my own experience. Intimate??? at a luau? I think the Feast would have the edge here as I believe it is the smaller of the two. I hope someone else will post a confirmation/ denial of this. We chose the Feast because we had had a "luau" experience before and wanted something a little different. We were not disappointed in the least. The food was simply wonderful and the show was also excellent. The setting on the beach in Lahaina was stunning as the sun went down. (Or maybe that was the Mai Tais) You need to ask yourself if you want to be served at your table or if a buffet line is ok. That factored heavily in our choice. There was a wedding party of about 8-10 people at the table behind us and they seemed to have a great time. I don't know about intimate as we felt like we were part of their party. We watched the wedding picture slide show on their laptop and the bride took our picture (a better one than the "pro" that was there). Maybe it will make you feel like you're having a bigger reception!

That said, I don't see how you can go wrong with either one. You'll be on Maui for gosh sake!

Level Contributor
867 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reception at the feast a lele or old lahina luau/ HELP...

bump up

richmond, va
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: reception at the feast a lele or old lahina luau/ HELP...

Just got back and did the Feast. It was very intimate and service was top notch, great food. One of the highlights of our trip.

Level Contributor
867 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reception at the feast a lele or old lahina luau/ HELP...

Jencic...from what I can gather...folks here in Forumsville in general, say that the OLL has the better show.....but that Feast a Lele has better food and is more intimate. Aloha

kentucky
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reception at the feast a lele or old lahina luau/ HELP...

The Feast of LeLe for sure. It wll be more intimate.