We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Since Kula is at 4,000 feet

Florida
Level Contributor
664 posts
1 review
Since Kula is at 4,000 feet

What would the temperature and weather be like approximately November 25, 2016? In that our ship will be at Lahaina from 8 am to 8 pm, considering driving to Kula and taking in O'o Farm, Lavender Farm, and the Surfing Goat Dairy. Then get some late lunch at Kula Bistro or La Provence. Does this sound like a plan?

25 replies to this topic
Maui
Level Contributor
71,971 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Since Kula is at 4,000 feet

Who knows, Dave.........your guess is prob as good as anyone else's, LOL. It could be in the high 60's to mid 70's---IF the weather is clear. It could also be wet and in the low 60's.

As much as I love Upcountry, I think you are risking issues with traffic and making it back, as mentioned in your other thread.

2. Re: Since Kula is at 4,000 feet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:29 pm, November 08, 2016

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
23,100 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Since Kula is at 4,000 feet

Well, Dave, since you have to deal with the whole tender process and shuttle to rental cars, you probably will not have a car before about 10 a.m. I too love Upcountry, but as a cruiser, I'd stick to the west side. Drive up to the blow-hole, turn around and check out DT Fleming park, drive the lower road through Kapalua, Kahana and Honokawai to Kaanapali. Maybe have a drink in Whaler's Village and check out the resort area. Finish up with dinner and some shopping somewhere in Lahaina close to the tender dock.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
52,719 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Since Kula is at 4,000 feet

Mid day the temps should be in the mid 70's. Possibly a little warmer. Cooler in the morning and later evening hours.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
49,073 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Since Kula is at 4,000 feet

Always throw a sweater in the car.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Since Kula is at 4,000 feet

Plan on 10 degrees cooler if it's sunny. 20 if it's cloudy.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Since Kula is at 4,000 feet

50 degrees if my daughter is telling the story.

Maui
Level Contributor
71,971 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Since Kula is at 4,000 feet

LOL, Mamma.............been there, said that :-). Great minds, huh?

https:/…79112324

Iowa
Level Contributor
14,208 posts
33 reviews
9. Re: Since Kula is at 4,000 feet

Dave, even if you could make it to upcountry and back in your time, I don't think O'o Farm would work for you. They have a breakfast/coffee tour from 8:30-10:00 or the lunch tour from 10:30-2:00. It's a great place to visit if you have lots of time on Maui. Maybe next time!

http://www.oofarm.com/tour-luncheon/

Florida
Level Contributor
664 posts
1 review
10. Re: Since Kula is at 4,000 feet

That's unfortunate as this is the area on Maui that both my wife and I would really be interested in. Since we don't do beaches, etc., and will be doing all of the archaeological type stuff in Hilo and on Kauai, was hoping for something unique. Google is telling me that the drive to Kula is only about 1 hour. Even if we spent 4 hours, in the Kula area. that would be 6 hours. Leaving the port at 10 am would get us back by the latest 5 pm. The last tender would be at 7:30 pm. But, I will take the advice of experienced people and look for alternate things to do that really interest us. Thanks again.

Reply to: Since Kula is at 4,000 feet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kula