We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Car Rentals

Salt Spring Island...
Level Contributor
616 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Maui Car Rentals

We are back to Maui in March!! We haven't been in 3 years, so the family is really excited!! For the life of me, I can't remember which car rental agency I used last time. Which comany gives the best deals? Unlimited mileage? We are arriving in Maui at 8:00 at night...so I don't want too much of a hassle. We are Mom, Dad 15 year old and 10 year old. A compact car would be great......thanks in advance!!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Calgary, Ab
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Maui Car Rentals

Check out "Word of Mouth Rentals", for two reasons, 1) incredibly cheap 2) the cars don't carry a "budget" or "avis" sticker and tend to be a couple to three years old, so they don't scream... "I'm a tourist, come rob me".

Best deal there is. No hidden charges.

Wa
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Maui Car Rentals

Use Priceline, I got a deal $18.00/day for 7 days

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Maui Car Rentals

About the Word of Mouth Rental, I asked them for a quote, and since we were only staying for 6 days they wouldn't even give me a quote, they just responded "We only rent by the week". Not sure what that may say about their customer service.

vancouver island
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Maui Car Rentals

try Kihei car rentals...there are excellent priced and they also dont

charge any mileage

Mentioned in this post
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
St. Paul, MN
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Maui Car Rentals

I have to agree with the Costco post. If you do not have a membership however, try www.carrentals.com. It does a pretty good job of giving you a breakdown of the rates. If nothing else, it will give you a place to start.

omaha
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Maui Car Rentals

Something to think about! Certain car rental companies let the spouse drive free no questions asked and others will charge 7 to 9 dollars a day for that privledge. That makes a huge difference if you want to split the driving or have your spouce drive! Alamo charges for additional drivers and Budget does not if it is the spouce.. Thrifty usually does not but make your deal when you reserve! I think National charges! Some time you might have to many lava flows and its much better to turn the keys over to the sober spouce!

17. Re: Maui Car Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kihei