We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kihei Road Noise??

seattle
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kihei Road Noise??

Hi there,

I was reading traveler reviews regarding the Kamaole Nalu Oceanfront Resort. It seems like a nice resort at a great price. There were a few reviewers who complained about the road noise, as did the Frommers' review. This resort is flanked by the Royal Mauian and the Hale Pau Hana resorts and I didn't see any mention of road noise in those reviews. For that matter, aren't there dozens of hotels and resorts all along Kihei Road? Just curious how it can be so bad at one, but not the others? Can anyone explain?

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Maui Kamaole
Maui Kamaole
710 Reviews
Maui, HI
Royal Mauian
Royal Mauian
129 Reviews
Maui, HI
The Hale Pau Hana
The Hale Pau Hana
301 Reviews
Maui, HI
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
S.F. Bay Area...
Level Contributor
202 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kihei Road Noise??

The only way I can explain it is that each person has a different tolerence level. I've stayed at the Hale Pau Hana in the low-rise which is practically right on the street. Yes, sometimes you get road noise, but would I say it bothered me?.........no. It didn't keep me or my family from getting sleep. There isn't a whole lot that bothers me when I'm in Maui. It's just one of those places where I instantly relax and it's all good. Usually, I like to read as many reviews on the same resort as I can and figure that the majority is probably correct. If you only have one review to go by, you never know if that person was having a bad day or may be someone that always has bad days! My wife has a friend that has been going to Maui for many years and she always stays at the Kamaole Nalu. She loves it! Hope this helps! Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
The Hale Pau Hana
The Hale Pau Hana
301 Reviews
Maui, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Maui Kamaole
Maui Kamaole
710 Reviews
Maui, HI
seattle
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kihei Road Noise??

Kama: You have made some excellent points. I hope more people read tis post. Thank You for sharing your insights.

S.F. Bay Area...
Level Contributor
202 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kihei Road Noise??

Thanks Jeeper! I always enjoy what you have to say, glad I could return the favor!

seattle
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kihei Road Noise??

Hi Kama from S.F.

Thank you so much for your reply! Having never been to Maui (or Hawaii for that matter), I've been doing a lot of research for this vacation which we will be taking with another family. This is a terrific website for doing just that!

I wonder if there is a website that has a good map of S. Kihei Rd. and all the different restaurants, shops and hotels/condos that line it?

Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
S.F. Bay Area...
Level Contributor
202 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kihei Road Noise??

Hi mauimom, can I call you mom? Anyway, I think you will have a fantastic time in Maui! Don't know about the Kihei Road map, but if I find anything I'll pass it along. There's lots of condos and shops and stuff along that road, so you may just want to explore a bit. There's little outdoor markets for souvenirs, restaurants, bars, places to rent snorkel gear and surfboards, etc. In fact, right across the street from the Kamaole Nalu, there is a shopping center. There is a great place for Hawaiian plate lunch called "Da Kitchen" tucked in the back that is worth trying. Good food, lots of it and cheap. We like to get an order to go and go sit on the beach and eat. Also in the shopping center is a very small coffee shop that makes outstanding cinnamon rolls if you like to have a little something in the morning. Now I'm hungry and I wish I was leaving for Maui today!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Maui Kamaole
Maui Kamaole
710 Reviews
Maui, HI
Da Kitchen
Da Kitchen
1,412 Reviews
Maui, HI
seattle
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kihei Road Noise??

Sure...call me mom. I'm used to it! haha

This is definitely the place to get "insider" info.

And we love cinnamon rolls (and coffee). That shop will be gettin' our business!

We have lots of time to plan it all out since we are going in December. I have been surprised to find that most of the good properties are almost booked solid for Christmas! We may end up taking our trip a few weeks earlier than we had planned. The $$$$ will go down, and our options will increase.

Thanks again!

Level Contributor
867 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kihei Road Noise??

Mom....aswell your likelyhood of better weather increases aswell. Aloha

NC
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Kihei Road Noise??

I must agree, there are many condo properties on S. Kihei Rd and the road noise is not that bad. It is all what you make of it. You will be in "Maui" and one can't let small things like that bother them. There is too much to enjoy.

Another great property is Kamaole Sands. Very nicely landscaped at an affordable price. It is located across the street from one of the nicest beach parks in Kihei "Kamaole Beach Park III".

The company we worked with at www.mauitravelservices.com did provide us with a nice Maui Map when she mailed all our vouchers, etc. They are very knowledgeable about the Island especially the Kihei & Wailea area. Email her with any questions.

Mentioned in this post
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kamaole Sands
Kamaole Sands
998 Reviews
Maui, HI
Kamaole Beach Park I
Kamaole Beach Park I
257 Reviews
Maui, HI
Wailea
Wailea
Maui, HI
seattle
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kihei Road Noise??

NC: You skate around pretty good yourself. Again that web-site is worth a look-see.

S.F. Bay Area...
Level Contributor
202 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kihei Road Noise??

Hey Badger, nice to see that you liked the Kam Sands. I've never stayed there before, but I will be there the middle of April. Always nice to know that I did okay booking the place.......even if it wasn't on purpose!

Get answers to your questions about Kihei