We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best condo for families in Maui?

California
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best condo for families in Maui?

We are two families with a total of 4 kids 3-11 yrs. old traveling together to Maui. What would be the best condo accomodation or hotel for us?

Level Contributor
867 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best condo for families in Maui?

The Maui Banyon is family friendly, situated in the southern part of Kihei across the street from 3 beaches. Location has 2 pools wonderful garden area, views of the water or the mountains and the building has also 2 and 3 bedroom. Try VRBO for individual units..prices seem moderate for Maui. Aloha

calif
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best condo for families in Maui?

We really enjoy HALE KAMAOLE CONDOMINIUMS. The building is low rise, DIRECTLY across from KAMAOLE Beach 3, a great safe swimming and snorkeling beach, and a nice park.The grounds of htis complex are spacious, with lots of grassy areas for kids to play. Our grandchildren, ages 5 and 7, love the place! Two pools onsite, tennis courts too. Shopping and dining within a ten minute walk. 5 minute drive to Shops at WAILEA.great family-freindly place, and not expensive either! the one bedrooms sleep 2-4 or 5, the two bedrooms can accommmodate up to 8 easily, especially the 2bdrms that also have a loft. Well-maintained complex with great mangmnt,maintenace and concierge desk. In South KIHEI, jsut bordering WAILEA area. 2737 S Kihei Rd, Kihei MAUI Hi 93753

Missoula, MT
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best condo for families in Maui?

We stayed at Haleakala Shores just last week and had a wonderful time (with 3 young kids). Condo (A206) was great for us and plenty of room. Right across from beach and easy walk. Will stay there again if possible.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best condo for families in Maui?

Depending on your budget, Sugar Beach Resort is very affordable and great with a large, nice oceanfront pool area and good beach for kids. Oceanfront units are great.

In Wailea we like Ekahi Village on Keawakapoo Beach. Try to rent directly from owner to save $$. The pool is oceanfront also and really great for families. Beach is outstanding as well.

california
Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best condo for families in Maui?

hula40:

I agree with the Ekula Village. We stayed at the Kea Lani next door....and the Ekula Village is absolutely pristine and great beach.

Also, I agree with renting directly from an owner. We checked directly with the Ekula when we were there, and the cost was out of sight.

Try: www.vrbo.com

Mahalo.

Ron

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best condo for families in Maui?

I always enjoyed the Aston Kaanapali Shores and they have kid programs as well.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best condo for families in Maui?

We actually have stayed at Ekahi Village a few times and at Elua Village once. Both are great, Elua is a little more expensive especially if you rent through a company like Desination Resorts. We like Ekahi a little better, a little less expensive and a better pool for kids. Try Mauiownercondos.com for rentals by owner. I highly recommend renting that way, you'll save money and get a nicer, condo that you should be able to view on line first.

Gloucester...
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best condo for families in Maui?

You might also try The Palms Wailea. They offer 1 & 2 bdrm units with a very clean pool. Not directly on beach but just a short 5 min walk down hill to Keawakapu Beach. We rented unit #1305 ground unit in 6/04 for 11 nights. We will definitely return. The cost was $175/night + tax. We booked through this site: www.rentalsmaui.com

New York
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best condo for families in Maui?

We recently returned from staying at the Sugar Beach Resort, and I would highly recommend it. The beach was great for children, the pool area was also clean and nice. I do know we were talking to other people at the jacuzzi with children and they loved it. I guess they have some end units that have adjoining rooms. We booked through Ali'i Resorts, and I'm sure they will help you if you email them. Have a great time, we did.

michigan
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best condo for families in Maui?

Well you certainly have several opinion posted already, so I'll add one more to the mix and stress that you should really consider this one!

My wife and 3 kids (8, 6 and 4) just returned (April 16-26) from a vacation in Maui. I've spent considerable time in Maui and continued researching all of the locations and options on Maui. Ultimately we decided on The Kapalua Villas (rented through Ridge Realty) and were extremely pleased with the location, accomodations, convenience, views and amenities. With 3 small kids, we prefer staying in condo's versus hotel rooms for the sake of space. While we really enjoy the luxury resorts by day, we also like space to 'unwind' in during the evening and morning. Kapalua Villas provide the best of both worlds. We rented a 2,000 sf 2 bedroom and 3 bath villa with oceanviews for less than we would have paid for a hotel room at the Ritz Carlton. The best part is you have access to the beaches at both of those hotels, and the Ritz Carlton allows easy access to their pools (the Ritz pool is much better for kids than the Kapalua Bay Hotel so at first I was concerned but after the trip realized the Ritz pool is the one you want to be at). Both are a very short walk (under 5 minutes from the Ridge, or a simple complimentary shuttle ride away for anywhere on the resort. The shuttle is always there within 5-10 minutes of your call. The Kapalua area is quieter and more 'traditional Hawaiian' than the Kaanapali area yet only a short drive to Lahaina for activities. Kapalua Bay Beach is beautiful and good for snorkeling, but also much more crowded. My preference was the Ritz Carlton's beach (D.T. Fleming) because it is much better for swimming, far less crowded so you have space to build sand castles and we all had fun in the waves. Granted Kapalua is better snorkeling, but the best part is, the Ridge is 5 minutes walk from either beach, so we would often do both beaches in the same day. Lunch at the Ritz's Beach House restaurant is perfection, kids can play on the beach while you relax on the lanai with a Mai Tai in hand. My wife and I had always talked about taking our kids to the Kapalua Bay Hotel, after reading about the impending demolition of the resort I checked into alternatives. After just returning, I am very impressed with the Kapalua Villas and the Ritz Carlton Kapalua, in comparison, the Kapalua Bay Hotel is looking tired. We weren't disappointed at all, and I am very particular about every little detail. While Kaanapali and Wailea are nice areas, they're too crowded for our preferences. I prefer not to hear road noise and in Kapalua you'll find peace and quiet by night and plenty of activity by day. My kids ranked it right up there tied with Disney World for fun.

We saw numerous whales from our lanai, and also saw whales on the Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Quest. However, our best whale watching happened in route back to the harbor on the Quicksilver after snorkeling at Molokini.

Kids favorite restaurants - Cheesburger in Paradise, Bubba Gump and the Beach House at the Ritz. Also, the Ridge has two pools complete with a very nice covered 'party area' and the cleanest Webber grilles for your use. Kids loved it as did we. A few times we did one beach in the am, BBQ lunch at the pool, then the other beach or Ritz pool in the afternoon.

If you like luxurious accomodations, room to move around, the conveniences of home with the amenities of a 5 star resort at your fingertips, then I highly recommend the Kapalua Villas.

We checked out most all of the other 3, 4 and 5 star properties while there so if you have any questions on recent status, let me know.

Aloha and have a great trip.